The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Tucked in or out!?!

Poll: What do you do with your pant legs when riding
Total Votes: 30
Tucked in between boot and binding
Pulled out and over the high backs

Now these are good enough to eat!!!!!

2011 FLUX SF-45’s

Billy - 05 June 2011 12:49 AM

Yeah! Rainbow ice-cream is the best!!!

I like that the boys get all technical and we girls are just like ‘oh ice cream!’ LOL tongue laugh

Mizu Kuma - 05 June 2011 01:19 AM

Now these are good enough to eat!!!!!

2011 FLUX SF-45’s

If I could go back to when I was buying my romes, I would have gone for some flux bindings instead. They are sick. Definitely my next bindings

Plus they’re a backer of the best site on the web!!!!!  cool grin

tucked in is gay

fatima4u - 05 June 2011 06:45 AM

tucked in is gay

spaz - 02 June 2011 12:58 PM

Basically if you have them IN they interfere with how your boot interacts with the upright of your binding within your skintight ski pants and you lose out on a lot of control.

I can’t wait to be booting up and strapping in.

Might go have a practice now!

I agree with this also

snowdragon - 05 June 2011 07:58 AM
spaz - 02 June 2011 12:58 PM

Basically if you have them IN they interfere with how your boot interacts with the upright of your binding within your skintight ski pants and you lose out on a lot of control.

I can’t wait to be booting up and strapping in.

Might go have a practice now!

I agree with this also

LOL

well keep in mind the long jacket skinny pant holden/union/capita fad. You can’t tuck skinny pants over the highback. I don’t think there is any loss of performance

Yeah, I’m not quite sold on the loss of performance argument either Gamblor!!!!!

The top part of a boot can still move slightly pant or no pant, I’m sure???? Some Highbacks (Urethane) even allow for movement in the highback itself!!!!!

The main objective of the bindin is to anchor the heel and toe???? The highback is there to give somethin to push back against in order to be able to successfully apply pressure to the heel edge of the board!!!!! There is already materials of the boot that are in between your leg and the highback????

Ahh, but also the skinny pant set can’t fit over the boot either yeah?????

They wouldn’t be between the boot and binding!!!!! They would scrunch up on top of the boot????

Good On ya Spaz, I was hopin youd catch that!  cheese  No offence either side, but I have always gone the extra material side- I’m a big guy, i like my S**T loose, and I strap IN as I’ve done since the begining. Noone ever told me different, and since its been like 13 years I hope you all won’t judge me too severly. That said, how many of you that go all in full bang have even tried the outsdie or gone both ways? tongue wink )

That really sounded wrong on so many levels . .

LOL

haha sounds naughty..

Mizu Kuma - 05 June 2011 10:15 AM

Yeah, I’m not quite sold on the loss of performance argument either Gamblor!!!!!

The top part of a boot can still move slightly pant or no pant, I’m sure???? Some Highbacks (Urethane) even allow for movement in the highback itself!!!!!

The main objective of the bindin is to anchor the heel and toe???? The highback is there to give somethin to push back against in order to be able to successfully apply pressure to the heel edge of the board!!!!! There is already materials of the boot that are in between your leg and the highback????

Were you drunk when you wrote this???
So many corrections needed.