The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

If you were buying a new dual cab 4x4 ute…..........?

Poll: The contenders
Total Votes: 16
Toyota ~ Hilux
Holden ~ Colorado
Mazda ~ BT 50
Volkswagon ~ Amarok
Nissan ~ Navara D40
Nissan ~ Navara D22
Mitsubishi ~ Triton
Ford ~ Ranger

Looking at a new ute, what would you buy?

We are looking for reasonable on & off road.

Enough power to tow a tandem trailer, boat etc

Leg room in back for teenage boys.

Don’t have to own an oil well to run the thing.

Anyone driven any of these utes on a regular basis that has some feedback?

Left off the new Landcruiser!

I vote ‘Cruiser’.

Off to find Picture….

shaka shaka shaka shaka shaka

Can’t be to bad if this image comes from the factory accessories options!!!!!!

hehehe

Suicide doors for the teenagers.  zipper

But from your list - Hilux

Go the Amarok dude!!!!! I was only sayin to Mrs Mizu last night, that it would be my choice if I were to upgrade atm!!!!!

(sorry spaz, but the new cruiser is just for show dude!!!!! Hilux is a good choice though!!!!! Izuzu D-Max is one of better in that category too Azz!!!!!

The Ford is the Mazda!!!! I have never liked Nissan’s, and the sister in law has a 2 year old (current model) and everythin is comin loose on it!!!!! Plus the Nissan runs the same troublesome motor as the Patrol had!!!!! The 3.0TD!!!!!

Not a Holden fan either!!!!! They all look good and go great, but their reliability leaves a bit to be desired!!!!!

The only thing that bothers me about the Amarok is that it hasn’t been around that long, so we are yet to see what issues it may have!!!!!

Paris to Dakar Rally support vehicle - VW Amarok!!!!!

Want a ute spaz, so the cruiser is out….......... and we want to replace the cruiser we already have !!!!!

The Amarok is looking the goods, seems to be the goods all around.

The Holden & Isuzu are one and the same, like the Mazda / Ford. The new BT 50 will be out late this year, it is a complete new ute.

I have driven a few Nissans and hate the D40, the D22 is ok, but very cramped for rear passengers.

The Hilux is of course an awesome truck that has proven itself, but for the $$$ you don’t get a lot compared to the VW.
I wish they would build a land crusier or patrol dual cab.

I wouldn’t buy the petrol Colorado/D-Max, as it’s the Commodore heart!!!!! Unreliable Crap!!!!!

I have seen Custom Landcruiser Dual Cabs!!!!! Big $$$$$ though!!!!!

An example from these guys > WBMB <

Definitely a Great Wall 4x4 Dual Cab lol

tjswish - 04 June 2011 07:47 AM

Definitely a Great Wall 4x4 Dual Cab lol

Yeah, either that or a Vespa with some Milk Crates strapped to the back!!!!!

I had an old (really really old) Isuzu ute, before Rodeo’s were invented, it was an awesome ute. I gave it an absolute flogging and it just kept going and going.

Yeah we thought about getting a converted wagon or getting it done, but as you say $$$$$

My olds got the latest triton and they love it. Dad tows his 3 tonne excavator with it. Good turbo diesel economy too. I’ve driven the thing and it was much better to drive than the hilux they also have as a work ute.

Hilux for sure. A mate has one and a part from looking like a tough piece of machinery, it has the guts to match it and is quiet a comfortable ride.

Going to take a test drive in the VW, Hilux, Colorado & BT 50 this week.

Anyone want to buy a landcruiser? 4.5 litre Intercooled Twin Turbo, full electrics, leather etc etc etc

Azz - 04 June 2011 10:27 PM

Going to take a test drive in the VW, Hilux, Colorado & BT 50 this week.

Anyone want to buy a landcruiser? 4.5 litre Intercooled Twin Turbo, full electrics, leather etc etc etc

I knew that this thread was just a ploy to offload the old car!!!!!