The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

THERMAL COMPRESSION SKINS, WHO WEARS EM????

Probably been talked about before, but since I’ve been lookin at them I thought that I’d bring the topic up again!!!!!!

I am lookin at them mainly for the Thermal/Moisture Wicking Properties, as opposed to the Athletic Enhancin ones!!!!!

(Let’s face it, the only “Cork” that I’ll be claimin will be the one in my thigh when I go down like a bag!!!!!)

Do they work well??? What are your experiences???What Brands have ya tried???

nope. I am happy with smartwool, patagonia capilene, and some Burton AK (but the fit changes from year to year)

If it is cold I wear Under Armour cold gear long sleeve mock. Best ever. All the boys at football wear it too for night training and cold games.

If it is a sunny day I will just wear Under Armour heat gear.

The brands gear is awesome and really helps to wick away any sweat.

Mizu if you are gonna buy this brand, let me know and I can give you a place to get it cheap. Otherwise Australian prices at like rebel sport are triple.

blizzard_22 - 04 June 2011 12:48 PM

Mizu if you are gonna buy this brand, let me know and I can give you a place to get it cheap. Otherwise Australian prices at like rebel sport are triple.

There goes this threads topic!!!!!  LOL

After readin some reviews on the Under Armour gear, they sound the goods though!!!!!

Yeah I have tried other brands but keep coming back to under armor, it is very popular with gridiron and slowly making it’s way into other sports.

I think about 85% of our players wear the heat gear at football!

Gamblor - 04 June 2011 10:32 AM

nope. I am happy with smartwool, patagonia capilene, and some Burton AK (but the fit changes from year to year)

So no compression type garments the, Gamblor???? Only base layers for their thermal properties????

Love thermal compression. I need to get some for my legs.
I wear my top everyday, I find it helps to keep me cool on hotter days as well as warm on cold.
It means 1 less layer and better movement ~XSkins~
Expensive though.

So it’s the thermal properties that makes ya wear em spaz????

And the weight reduction/movment increase.

For my legs I need the compression - because of the knee injury.
On my forearms the compression helps the RSI in both elbows, same in my bung shoulder.

It makes for much more comfort on the hill and less pain off wink Great for us oldies….

Mizu Kuma - 04 June 2011 10:28 PM
Gamblor - 04 June 2011 10:32 AM

So no compression type garments the, Gamblor???? Only base layers for their thermal properties????

no compression for me, not that I’ve tried them. Didn’t Spaz say his top cost $200? That’s alot of money that I’d rather spend on different gear

So the “Compression” factor does help hey????

Wasn’t sure if it was a bit of “Power Balance Bracelet” marketin, or that it does really do somethin!!!!!!

Yeah, $200 is a lot of moola!!!! Is it worth every $ though spaz???? Sounds like it is for ya!!!!!

unless I had an injury which required me to wear either a brace or a compression first layer, I wouldn’t spend that money. For a fit guy like you Mizu, who surfs 6 out of every 8 days, do you need something to help your muscles snowboarding?

Gamblor - 05 June 2011 12:46 AM

unless I had an injury which required me to wear either a brace or a compression first layer, I wouldn’t spend that money. For a fit guy like you Mizu, who surfs 6 out of every 8 days, do you need something to help your muscles snowboarding?

Haven’t been surfin much lately Gamblor!!!!! Sort of goin through one of those phases where I’ve lost my mojo!!!!!

And I’m on the downhill run of hill 40, I need all the help that I can get!!!!!  downer

Miz UA leggings for the cold gear is $49 and heat gear $39. I would suggest the heat gear if you sweat/get hot when riding.

Yeah, I was checkin the prices last night!!!!! Pretty bloody reasonable!!!!!