The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Champions league final

Poll: who’s the second best footballing side in the world?
Total Votes: 7
Manchester United
Real Madrid
Another team

I agree with rider in that Real > Man Utd..
But I did like how Man Utd did try and take the game to Barca, at least initially..
Really not impressed by how Real Madrid (AKA Mourinho) parked the bus in the first leg of the champions league semi-final.
Have faith in your players, bring that talent off the bench (with which he had bucketloads) and let them play!

Mourinho is a gimp!

“the chosen one” as he calls himself is a bitch. whinges about everything

arrogant loser who doesn’t understand that integrity is more important than winning. You can win all you like but if you win and its not in the spirit of fair play, then you’re still a loser. As many millions of squillions of dollars there is in football these days, I wouldn’t ever want to do anything in order to win that might embarrass my grandma if she was watching. Winning ain’t worth being a d#&khead; for!

I’m not sure history will come to the same conclusion about mourinho as the above posters have.  I think results stand the test of time wheras integrity is quickly forgotten if it was really ever noticed in the first place.  The reason quite simply is that integrity is easy to achieve wheras results are not.

Don’t get me wrong i thought his comments and behavour dissapointing following his defeats but as a manager i think he stands in a league of his own.

Its the negative tactics that get to me. When he ordered his players to intentionally get yellow cards in a game, meaning they would be suspended for the away leg of their champions league tie (they were already in a strong enough position to be through anyway), so they could start the next round afresh without yellows to their name - thats when I knew I hated him! I was very disappointed in Xabi Alonso for going through with it, but not that surprised with Sergio Ramos.

give me pep anyday over mourinho

It’s a tough one I agree, how bigger bastard do you need to be to go from being despised to admired…..for me he’s the machiavelli of football and deep down who doesn’t admire machiavelli.