The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WHAT DO YA STICK YA HOOFS INTO????

Mizu Kuma - 22 May 2011 11:47 AM

That looks like the Northwave logo!!!!

Yup Northwave- I had to super glue the little bits down that she got through- no real damage just cosmetic- My mate was so embarrassed- i just laughed (D.O.G was only 3yo)

snowdragon - 23 May 2011 02:45 AM
Mizu Kuma - 22 May 2011 11:47 AM

That looks like the Northwave logo!!!!

Yup Northwave- I had to super glue the little bits down that she got through- no real damage just cosmetic- My mate was so embarrassed- i just laughed (D.O.G was only 3yo)

Hahahaaahahahha!!!!! My Bully grew outta that stage by about the time she turned 5!!!!!!

Every time that ya caught her doin somethin wrong, she would know straight away that she was in shit, even before ya said a thing!!!!!! Ears would go back, and followed by the Cow Eye’s Look!!!!!

2009 Nitro Anthems..
Best $450 spent EVER!

EDIT: I tell a lie, they’re ‘09 Anthems, not ‘10

OH K2 those boots are pretty!!!

Currently I have Burton Mints, after a couple years still crushing my toes :-(

I have looked around and tried on boots and settled for ThirtyTwo STW Boa, just waiting for the courier to deliver them!

I find my boots are lucky to be good for 100hrs. I make them last at least a season which is more like 200-400hrs.

Last September I bought K2 (a change from wearing ThirtyTwo for many years) I find the K2 Darko are a much smaller and lighter boot and with the Harshmellow cushioning (I need all the impact relief because of my knee). I rode in them for the last week of my season and they are really comfy. I’m slowly coming around to the Boa system but they also have laces.

They are matched to K2 bindings and a K2 board. This wasn’t my intent.

I run the 32 Lashed with Remind Insoles.  Best combo ever! it only took me 22 years of shredding to find comfort like that smile

Hey rider26, I’d love to get myself a pair of the SLX’s, they’re just way too $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Better than those Ions you were rocking before, eh?

I’m on several seasons of 32 boots, they’re comfortable, warm, but far too soft for my tastes. Also now extremely stinky, bet you wanted to know that.

For sure. The SLXs are the best boot I’ve ever worn. They are expensive, I know…

Got me some Northwave Opals last year in Queenstown. First boot I’ve ever had without heel lift. Lacing system is sick! The other half had recommended Northwave - he’s still wearing his Legends that he got 5 or 6 years ago. A company without much hype around them but sick boots!

Perhaps this a little off topic but..

...Can’t believe some Oz shops are still offering free bootfitting! 

WTF!?

Don’t they realize that they are making it really easy for people to waste all their time and find out which boots will fit perfectly just so that the customer can then go around to every other shop haggling for a few bucks extra discount!? A few moments spent reading this forum and similar others will clearly show that getting your boots fitted for free and then shopping online/haggling your way around every store in town is a common practice.

Bootfitters! Charge for your expertise and time! If you don’t charge a fee you will simply get screwed 90% of the time.

Thankfully brands like Burton, K2, Vans, Ride etc have stopped shipping from America. Hopefully this will reduce this ‘get fitted at your local then buy from the US’ culture.

OK…cue the backlash….

No backlash from me. Having worked in a snowboard store for eight years I know exactly what you’re talking about. I think you will find most snowboard stores now charge a bootfitting fee of approximately $50. If the customer ends up buying a pair of boots the money is always refunded, or not charged in the first place. Most snowboard stores I know of have introduced similar policies over the last two years. It’s just not fair for shop staff to spend over an hour with a customer, giving them quality service and fitting boots properly for their feet, all while neglecting other customers if the shop is busy, to then turn around and say thanks and buy it online. Not cool…

I agree with some of the comments about boot fitting.. but seriously.. I would prefer the stores be up-front about the charge..

Here goes my spiel of name & shame…

I was EXTREMELY UN-impressed with a visit to my local board store Ballystyx in Ringwood (Melbourne)
I dropped in with my girlfriend looking for a pair of boots for her. Didn’t go to my usual store as I was being lazy and didn’t want to drive so far.. I’ve learnt that lesson…

We spent at least half an hour trying on various pairs of boots and she walked out with a pair that were snug as a bug (I can’t remember the cost now..somewhere in the range of $300-350) with which she was very happy with.

However, when we got home, we discovered on the Ballystyx website that the specific boots we purchased in question were advertised for $50 less.
When she rang Ballystyx up she was told the extra $50 charge was for bootfitting, yet nowhere on their website nor were we informed at the time that such a charge applied.

Now seriously, if we were informed of the charge we would have been happy to pay it due to the excellent service, expertise and attention offered to us finding a great pair of boots. But their behaviour has just pissed me off and I’d rather drive the extra 40 minutes it takes to get to the snowboard store I regularly go to, Melbourne Snowboard Centre I’m sorry I was unfaithful :(

My 2 cents…

What if they can’t find a pair that fits properly???? Is it fair to pay $50 for nothing????

T-Spec - 25 May 2011 08:45 AM

When she rang Ballystyx up she was told the extra $50 charge was for bootfitting, yet nowhere on their website nor were we informed at the time that such a charge applied.

Thats crazy! The fitting charge is only if you don’t go through with a purchase. Surely the sales chick is confused or something. Call back dude.

rider26 - 24 May 2011 12:27 AM

For sure. The SLXs are the best boot I’ve ever worn. They are expensive, I know…

In a world of their own. You know you’ve got a good boot when you look down at 10pm and you’re still wearing them.