The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011 ~Jive talk~

you scared everyone off with your flares and bottles. I knew it mustve been you at that mini riot the other night wink

CRACKERS - 22 May 2011 12:01 AM

you scared everyone off with your flares and bottles. I knew it mustve been you at that mini riot the other night wink

Hahahahahahaa!!!! Was there one for real???? How’d ya team go????

yeh there was one at Cringila vs South coast….weirdos! throwing bottles at players and fights between big groups of fans. pretty embarrassing really!
Our game was fun today….we won and there was a full house with a crowd of 1000 plus which made me a little nervous.
sore now though! you will be glad to know it was rather sedate with no bottle throwing!

Probably sedate cause I forgot to turn up!!!!!

Congrats on the win mate!!!!  cool grin

CRACKERS - 22 May 2011 12:38 PM

yeh there was one at Cringila vs South coast….weirdos! throwing bottles at players and fights between big groups of fans. pretty embarrassing really!
Our game was fun today….we won and there was a full house with a crowd of 1000 plus which made me a little nervous.
sore now though! you will be glad to know it was rather sedate with no bottle throwing!

went to watch some some mates play a few years ago (berkely vs….i forget now) at the field in cringila.

There was nearly like 5 riots during the game, i was pissing myself just sitting up the back having beers watching all these old ethnic men screaming/pointing fingers at each other.  good times

Hey guys would it be ok if i came to the shred, i have never seen snow before and would love to hit the slopes with everyone???
Who do i have to email or talk to….

Hey Spanish Cockell,

We would love you to join the BoardWorld Shred, the more the merrier!

All you need to do is decide on where you want to stay and for how long, we have some wicked deals on accommodation (info on first page) and lift passes - if you need to hire gear we can get a deal on that as well.

Payment for The Shred Shed is via bank deposit - $120 (I’m organising that)
Contact Oz Snow Adventures to stay at River Inn
Or you can organize your own.

There will be w few travelling to Thredbo so getting a ride there will be easy enough.

spaz - 23 May 2011 12:27 AM

Hey Spanish Cockell,

We would love you to join the BoardWorld Shred, the more the merrier!

All you need to do is decide on where you want to stay and for how long, we have some wicked deals on accommodation (info on first page) and lift passes - if you need to hire gear we can get a deal on that as well.

Payment for The Shred Shed is via bank deposit - $120 (I’m organising that)
Contact Oz Snow Adventures to stay at River Inn
Or you can organize your own.

There will be w few travelling to Thredbo so getting a ride there will be easy enough.

Yeah doesn’t sound to bad, i haven’t even seen snow before lol… But a few of my friends are living at jindy and haven’t seen them in a while so it would be good to catch up with them. But i em keen on getting down there and to meet everyone, i dont know what i should do??? Ski or Snowboard…..

Just avoid the Shred Shed Spanish!!!!!! Ya never know who/what ya will be sharin with!!!!!!  smirk

Mizu Kuma - 23 May 2011 01:22 AM

Just avoid the Shred Shed Spanish!!!!!! Ya never know who/what ya will be sharin with!!!!!!  smirk

Thanks for the heads up Mizu Kuma

Spanish Cockell - 23 May 2011 01:29 AM

No Wukkers Spanish!!!!!  shaka

Spanish Cockell - 23 May 2011 01:29 AM

Don’t listen to Mizu… The Shred Shed is filled with lovely awesome people like me.

And for $120 for a week, how can you go wrong? (Hell, I payed $150 a week to live in Jindy in 2009)

Definitely snowboard (hence why you are on a snowboard website raspberry)

And when you get there, try to get a lesson or 2 to get you started. While we can all probably help you out, nothing beats someone who is there to help and not someone who is there to jump off cliffs like us crazy idiots smile

Spanish Cockell - 23 May 2011 01:05 AM

Ski or Snowboard…..

You should ski if you wish to be ridiculed by all us in here.*

Ridicule shall stop once you have proven you can throw down.

Welcome to Boardworld.

*nothing personal, this is the ONLY Australian snow website where snowboarders are not second rate citizens wink

Rider (the owner of Boardworld) used to be an instructor and some of the other peopke that will be there will be able to offer plenty of tips and advice as well.
(Not that I’m volunteering rider to instruct)

The Shred Shed is very good accom - I just found a great deal.
And Mizu is always posting with ‘tongue in cheek’ take his advice with a grain of salt or you’ll end up wearing a tutu or worse. wink

Azz - 23 May 2011 02:27 AM
Spanish Cockell - 23 May 2011 01:05 AM

Ski or Snowboard…..

You should ski if you wish to be ridiculed by all us in here.*

Ridicule shall stop once you have proven you can throw down.

Welcome to Boardworld.

*nothing personal, this is the ONLY Australian snow website where snowboarders are not second rate citizens wink

We could always change the name to Plankworld?