The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

WHAT DO YA STICK YA HOOFS INTO????

What boots are ya ridin with at the moment????

Features that ya Like??? Features that ya wish they never had??? Features that ya wish they did have???

These are my Vans BFB’s!!!!! Chosen for fit and stiffness!!!!! The “corset” lacing system is awesome!!!! Quick, easy and does up nice and firm!!!!!

My last pair of boots were BOA’s that while very convenient, were very uncomfortable due to the uneven pressure that it places through the boot!!!!! Hence why I have chosen to go laces!!!!!

The sole provides excellent grip, due to it’s spiked pattern!!!!!

I have placed custom footbeds into them, even though they did come with a quality lookin support as standard!!!!!

I’m using 2011 Burton Ions right now. Love Burton’s speed lacing system, boots started out pretty stiff but broken in to maybe bout a 6 in flex (burton rates it an 8). Used remind insoles, but my arch still tires/hurts a bit sometimes (even though I don’t have flat foot).

Skip, it’s because you don’t have a flat foot that your foot hurts. Your arches might not be getting enough support.

I just finished off a pair of Burton Ions. Next up is a pair of Burton Slx’s.

Ah I see, so should I use insoles with more arch or less arch then? Right now the remind insoles I’m using is not helping much. I have shredsoles but it hurt my knees because of the 4 degree cant.

the insole should be flush with your arch. if you get foot pain and are serious about snowboarding (which I think you are), you should go to surefoot if you’re still in whistler and get custom footbeds. It should be about $200.
I have high arches and always had footpain until I got the surefoots. Mine have lasted since 2002 so about 10 seasons.

On my 3rd pair of Burton Hail’s - Big fan of Laces, super comfy boots which are pretty soft so good for full days on the hill both riding and working. Working in them this season I’d be in boots for ~12 hours so comfort was paramount in my books. Dunno what else to say apart from my 1st pair lasted 110+ days, 2nd pair Have seen 160+, 3rd only have a handful of days on them but they’ll be my primary boot for next season in Whistler.

Mizu Kuma - 21 May 2011 06:22 AM

These are my Vans BFB’s!!!!! Chosen for fit and stiffness!!!!! The “corset” lacing system is awesome!!!! Quick, easy and does up nice and firm!!!!!

So, Mizu likes his corset

Gamblor - 22 May 2011 09:57 AM
Mizu Kuma - 21 May 2011 06:22 AM

So, Mizu likes his corset

Wow, this thread has an advanced form of humour to which I am not acquainted

2010 Lamar Freedom (L something?)
Officially the second pair of boots (SnowDragon/MacGuiver) has ever bought
Not a bad run in the 14 years since tha first pair!

NOTE Red circle outlines one happy Pittbull (D.O.G.=name of dog) nawin on my boots Feb before last, hadn’t even hit the hill before chewed on downer

Hhahahahahaahaaahahaa!!!!!

Lucky that he only got that far!!!!!

aren’t those boots APX or northwave?

That looks like the Northwave logo!!!!

Currently wearing 2009 Burton SLX boots. I’ve had a few pairs of good boots in the past but these are the best boots I’ve ever owned. They work perfectly for my foot shape, awesome heel hold and fit around the ankle. I love the flex pattern; it’s absolutely perfect for my riding style. Great liners, articulating cuff, Speed Zone lacing, add in custom footbeds and they are just awesome boots (been going strong for two full season now).

got a pair of solamon f20’s.

super dooper comfy. i leave them tied up tight as all day long(even during lunch) and have no discomfort whatsoever. the speed lacing system is killer. will look inot getting custom footbeds this season maybe but wont get the super expensive ones as the ones in thm currently are doing a great job.

I have K2 Darko Sweaters. So comfy! I prefer laces to things like boa. Speed laces are good, I still like to have laces.
These are mine