The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HUMAN Vs COW

Poll: See opening post.
Total Votes: 18
COW
HUMAN
rider26 - 18 May 2011 08:47 PM

I’d still take human. Best case scenario for human is better than best case scenario for cow. I’m taking the gamble…

But on the other hand, worst case scenario for a human (living in extreme poverty and/or war) against worst case scenario for a cow (get fed grass for a few months/years then get an electric shock/steel bolt to the brain, dead then become a burger)*

*Disclaimer- I do not claim to know the worst case scenario’s for either humans and/or cows so this interpretation should be taken with a grain of salt.

Humans have the ability to escape from poverty/war etc!!!!!

If ya a cow and ya get outta ya paddock to many times then ya will be shot, unless ya get hit by a truck first!!!!!

spaz - 18 May 2011 10:13 PM

Of course I’ll think too deeply on this; (and if I had decent internet would look up stats)

Population of cows/number of cows in India. What odds would are there that I would be born in India and worshiped.

Even if born here as a cow, life wouldn’t be so bad - I would be revered and treated well. Doesn’t Australia have the largest population of marbled beef - thats a cow that’s fed beer and a fatty diet to increase the tenderness and flavour of the meat. mmmmmm free beer and chips all day long.
Even our big cattle farms are nice - large areas to wonder through natural wilderness that’s the size of a small country free until my time is up.

I wouldn’t want to be a dairy cow though.

One of the most disturbing sounds I’ve ever herd was a cattle truck stopped on the side of the road with the cows crying - I could tell they were upset and calling for help and imagined they knew their destiny. I knew there destiny. mmmmmm McDonalds…...
Even after death my body parts are consumed as a declaration of my greatness.

I can only have these thoughts because I’m human - If I were a cow and this question was posed would I be able to contemplate how good my life is as a cow and if I could and I decided life as a cow was not for me would I rever the life of humans from my simple pov?

Existentialism is not an ability cows have (as fas as we humans know) so if choosing cow I may be stuck as cow for the rest of eternity. Which might not be so bad.

But as a human, life is difficult. 95% of us live in poverty - the chances of being born in the 5% is only 5%. Not good odds

But as human I can contemplate an existentialist existence as a cow even if born in poverty and oppression, as human I can escape my physical binds with my mind.

As a cow I am just a cow.

Nice spaz, very interesting and even a pun too!

I didn’t quite understand this bit,

Existentialism is not an ability cows have (as fas as we humans know) so if choosing cow I may be stuck as cow for the rest of eternity. Which might not be so bad.

Is this to do with the buddhist cycle of rebirth or have i missed something?  I guess if I was a thinking bovine i’d take buddhism over burgers everytime!

Mizu Kuma - 18 May 2011 10:27 PM

If ya a cow and ya get outta ya paddock to many times then ya will be shot, unless ya get hit by a truck first!!!!!

not all the time, and more often then not you may escape the war to be thrown into a detention camp in a foreign country and left to rot i.e. in the african nations (seen a fair few docos on this subject)

I am a bull.

deanobruce - 18 May 2011 11:55 PM
Mizu Kuma - 18 May 2011 10:27 PM

not all the time, and more often then not you may escape the war to be thrown into a detention camp in a foreign country and left to rot i.e. in the african nations (seen a fair few docos on this subject)

As is the cow???? Put in a holding pen and used for Human benefits, until no longer viable!!!!!

CRACKERS - 19 May 2011 12:06 AM

I am a bullshit artist

Not all of the time CRACKERS!!!!!

but as a cow, your only thinking;

“oh hells yeh look at this mad grass to eat nom nom nom, oh im full. im going to take a dump, lift tail and snap one off. hmm im hungry again nom nom nom”

wash rinse repeat

Who wants to sleep standing up? I rest my case.  raspberry

i have seen cows laying/sitting down.

one downside is smarta rse kids coming through the paddock at night and tipping you over.

one minute all relaxed and shit asleep them BAM! your on your side going “what the fuck happened?” and trying to scramble to your feet

deanobruce - 19 May 2011 12:25 AM

i have seen cows laying/sitting down.

They are the ones that just can’t hack life in the paddock anymore!!!!!

deanobruce - 19 May 2011 12:25 AM

one minute all relaxed and shit asleep them BAM! your on your side going “what the fuck happened?” and trying to scramble to your feet

Yet another argument for the Human!!!!!

I rest my case!!!!

^^ hahahahahaha

mizu, you seriously don’t want to be a cow eh!  Even though it’s such a serene life…..