The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Camping and 4x4ing

Any of you good folk into either?

I love 4x4ing, been laying low for a few years, but the bug is biting again.

Just started building a camper trailer to take with us. Getting a bit soft in my old age.  red face

What sort of camping are you into?

Whats your truck?

I have had a an old Isuzi ute and old crusier in the past which were heaps of fun up the bush.
Now we have a new cruiser, it dints way to easy, but it has heaps of grunt and is very comfy to ride in.

I’m into the kick back and drink beer type of campin!!!!!!

Just got the trusty old K Mart special with a 10 x 7 tarp over the top!!!!!

Campin is probably the most relaxin holiday that ya can have!!!!!

The Mizu Hut!!!!! VVVVVV

The only camping I do is one where I can stay in a cabin with a bathroom!!

Always wanted to go 4x4 driving

The bath is about a 50m walk away!!!! It’s called The Ocean!!!!! And in my pick ya can actually see about 50 Toilets all within close proximity!!!!!  cheese

Nothing like getting in touch with nature and doing a bush bog grrr

^^^ Hahahahahahahahaha nice one Mizu, i think i have peed on some of those trees…...  LOL

Absolutely love camping! Do it all the time. Mainly when we go out paddling or bushwalking. Usually just sleep under a tarp when paddling cos u can’t carry much gear. But I prefer under a tarp than in a tent or van.
Enjoy 4x4 too. Don’t do it as much as I’d like, but not havin one of my own doesnt help that

I love the mountains for camping, summer or winter.

Trout fishing, amazing views, hell steep tracks to conquer.

Snow camping is awesome

When your vehicle based is the best, chainsaw to get lots of firewood !!!!!!

Ski rope out the back for some towing action. Hell fun shaka

I really enjoy camping but I don’t get to do it enough. This was the last time we went camping, just over a year ago at Glenworth Valley. Michelle and I intend to travel around Australia more over the next couple of years and we will be camping a lot.

This is what our paddling camp sites usually look like. Simple, messy, but creative haha! This is a big set up though as we had about 20 students and 8 staff. On a private trip we mite have one tarp and depending on the type of trip, some small tents too.
We are lucky if we get a grass field like this. Sometimes we have to do with sand pits in the trees or on rock shelfs!

Don’t you all know what happens when you go camping?! Haven’t you seen Tomorrow when the War began!?

confused

LOL