The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Did you hear the rumor?

Perisher opening the v8 this weekend!

$30 adult lift tickets ($15 for kids) with proceeds donated to charity. no word yet if there’ll be any park features though.

wow, really?

Really really!! I’m excited and will try head up Sunday.

the SoHE photo contest had better start quickly then!

Gamblor - 16 May 2011 06:21 AM

the SoHE photo contest had better start quickly then!

the question is, is that fresh? or was it frozen in the snow and now that the snow has melted its free from cryopreservation??

LOL

Like it will make up for closing BlueCow early last year when the snow was AWESOME.

I’ve only talked to 3 people since arriving in d’bo - 2 of them talked up the sliding they had yesterday!

Snow making scheduled to start tonight, which surprised me because HighNoon and Supertrail (both upper slopes) look to have decent cover!

Canberra was 5? at 12:30 today, Thredbo was T-shirt weather until 4pm < after the sun disappeared - way warmer than Canberra.

Yeh we have had 3 mornings in a row of near -7 temps. Been crazy. Was foggy until around 12:30-1pm today.

I took a photo on the way to work and it ended up on the Canberra Times website LOL

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/local/news/weather/canberras-deep-freeze-continues/2163994.aspx

Update from Perisher’s Facebook page…

A quick update on todays announcment. We are planning opening Friday and Saturday. At this stage the weather does not look very good for Sunday and we doubt people would want the 1st turns of the winter to be in poor conditions. Hurry up here Friday and Saturday for some good turns on Front Valley and stay tuned for updates…....