The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

ThirtyTwo Snowboard boots sizing help!

I currently wear size 10 (27cm) Burton Mints, but am looking at getting the ThirtyTwo Focus Boa boots. Unfortunately their size 10 is listed as only being 26.5cm…

So does anyone have Size 10 ThirtyTwo boots and how do they fit? Or do any guys have size 9 mens (27cm) and what mens shoe size are you normally?

Went to get boots two weeks ago, tried on size 10 32 boots and my toes were cramped at the end. I ended up going for DC boots in size 10 as they had a little more room at the toe area.

What shoe size are you normally??

32’s sizing changed a bit last year.

I’ve gone from a US 9-9.5 in shoes to size 8-8.5 in 32 boots. 8 is really tight but they’ve broken in enough, my current 8.5 size are comfortable. Keep in mind that the socks you do (or don’t) use will make a small, but noticeable difference in the fit.

I’m also not a fan of the Boa closures, I personally would opt for the traditional lacing, it seems like you can better tune your fit with the normal lacing. The other thing is that in a riding position, knees slightly bent, the heel will go further back, so I’d judge the fit on where your toes are when in a riding position.

I think Im gonna have to try check out adrenalin before they close to see if they have any 32’s in stock to try on… once they are gone from Canberra that is it, the other two snow stores dont stock 32!

The sizing is all over the place, my fiance wears a 10 shoe but 11 boot in 32’s! Go figure!

hey mate, i know for a fact adrenalin have this seasons 32 boots in. and 20% off to boot. (pun intended). according to my very knowledgeable girlfriend (who used to work at A+) you would generally go down half a size to a size in snowboard boots from your shoe size (for the reason stated above, that you force your heel backwards when your knees are bent, when you stand up straight your toes are touching at the end of the boot and may feel too small.

I have found I have gone the other way. I wear a 9 shoe, 10 boot. (and that was fitted at A+)

Hey Blizzard,

Honestly, the only way to tell for sure is to go in and try them on. Personally I’ve always found 32 boots to be fairly standard in their sizing (similar to Burton etc.). That said, each boot is going to fit differently in regards to shape and size, even if only slightly. To ensure you get the best possible fit you really need to go in and try on the boots. As worldtripper mentioned, sizing and shapes can change from year to year.

FYI the ThirtyTwo Focus BOAs are excellent boots. Also keep in mind the ThirtyTwo liners are heat moldable; when done properly with toe caps, they should pack out during the process and give you a bit more room around the toe box.

What’s happening at Adrenalin Plus? Are they moving or closing permanently?

they are either closing down or selling up, depending on whether an interested party chooses to buy the business.

I tried on the 10 and they are perfect, thanks all!

Rider when I spoke to one of the guys today he said it looks more likely that someone will be buying it. Phew! Cause without them Canberra would be buggered for snowshops!