The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

World Cup futbol ( or any soccer)

im just an online fan. i dont have cable tv and the games are never on free tv so i have to online stream it.
my internet usage normally goes over the limit though :(

Dave99 - 21 August 2009 05:03 PM
golfpunklegend - 20 August 2009 03:20 PM

yeahhhhhhh dave smile
6-1 on everton.
you go for them too?

been a gunner fan for years..Don`t get to see as many games as I want ,living in Canada though..

I really like when the poms play the argies in world cup(or anytime)...There are fistfights at work…hahaha

A word—The Italians screwed Aus over bigtime last Cup…Damn shame..Aus had a great team and were playing very well..

If I can`t cheer an Irish team , I cheer for Aus

how was it watching the Aussies thrash ireland 3-0 last week? any thoughts of changing back to supporting OZ then? smile

Tottenham on top to!!!yeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

The problem with soccer is it doesnt go that well with snowboarding (or bodyboarding/surfing) cause you either playing on the weekend when you want to snowboard or you get ankle/leg injurys etc that make it painful to ride or play…..
having said that ive got a big game tmrw followed by the run down to the snow!...or to the scrub it seems…

Yeah Spurs had a great win over Liverpool, good result. Stoked the EPL has started again. Can’t believe Arsenal beat Everton 6-1, such a bad loss for Everton at the start of the season.

Anyone playing fantasy EPL this season?

Ahahah any everton fans here?
Come on, show yourselves!

I have just recently become a small everton fan!!! I’m playing the fantasy futbol but I’m not doing very well at all

golfpunklegend - 22 August 2009 07:25 AM

Ahahah any everton fans here?
Come on, show yourselves!

shhhhhhhh

I’m not a die hard supporter. I used to support Leeds but they are long gone. Since then Everton is the only team I’ve kind of supported. After all they have Tim Cahill.

Hmm you prove a decent point there. but 6-1… ahahaaa

does anyone have any early predictions for the premier league crown?  I’ve found from experience that not picking man united is a risky bet, but hey i’m going for chelsea,  i’d prefer liverpool but two losses in three doesn’t help matters!  So did anyone else see in the news the classic english football fun that occured at the west ham milwall game a few days ago,  battles in the street for 4 hours, starting two hours before the game even kicked off!  at least we’re still good at something!  Ah i guess we’re pretty good at cricket too smile

I go for arsenal but i’d reckon my 2 favourites for the premier league crown are chelsea and arsenal.

if you really think that golfpunk, you should place a bet on the gunners, you’d get good odds i imagine!!!

I hardly ever place bets but if i do, i only place it on those that’d get me a decent return.
Im 17 but i got my ways.
A month or so ago, i put money on Hawthorn beating Collingwood in AFL, odds were 3.20 and i put 30 down :D
Im beating the TAB so i’d try to keep it that way by not going back :]

Aidy - 27 August 2009 03:58 PM

does anyone have any early predictions for the premier league crown?  I’ve found from experience that not picking man united is a risky bet, but hey i’m going for chelsea,  i’d prefer liverpool but two losses in three doesn’t help matters!  So did anyone else see in the news the classic english football fun that occured at the west ham milwall game a few days ago,  battles in the street for 4 hours, starting two hours before the game even kicked off!  at least we’re still good at something!  Ah i guess we’re pretty good at cricket too smile

I think Chelsea also. Man United will take 2nd.

So pumped for the World Cup next year… did England qualify? wink

pfft england cant play soccer for shite. dont hold your breath waiting for them to qualify… raspberry

I know….

Haha I really hope Aidy sees this.  tongue wink

Here is the image I had been looking for: