The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Sydney Harbour Bridge Protest

Anyone see the guy protesting on the news this morning?

He certainly made a statement and upset thousands of people trying to get to work !!!!!

Be interesting to hear this mans story.

LINK HERE.

‘Get my kids and other kids help’

The man, who said his name was “Mick”, spoke to a number of media outlets and identified himself as “ex-military”, AAP reported.

He told the Nine Network: “If I have to stuff four million people around for one morning and that gets my kids and other kids help one day sooner [then] I have achieved my goal.

“If that draws attention to the fact DOCS is a failed department that’s letting our children down than I have achieved my goal.

“This is a peaceful protest. It’s to give a voice to little people. Most fathers or mothers that are victims of this sort of stuff have not got anyone to turn to. At the end of the day I have got the ability to stage a peaceful demonstration and make people stand up and pay attention.”

He also spoke to 2GB radio host Alan Jones this morning by mobile phone about 6.40am.

Jones said the man’s problems would be raised with DoCS or the minister in charge of children’s services if he came down from the bridge.

The man replied that he would come down.

The man also told Triple M radio: “There are systematic fails in both federal and state governments ... the police and also the school systems that are letting our children down. And the children don’t have a voice.

“There is a major failure in the fact that there’s no one looking after our kids when parents separate and divorce.

“I’ve been pushed and pushed and pushed. I’m not just doing this for me, I’m doing this for my kids.”

The man has been taken by police to North Sydney Police Station and “charges were likely”, police said in a statement.

At least he didn’t throw his kid off the bridge cause he was upset with the system.

good way to piss of a city!

Good excuse for rockin up to work late!!!!!

So,

I heard about a protest on the bridge, didn’t give it any attention, I even saw this thread pop up but was too busy to read it.

GodDamm!!!!!! Wish I had.

Wish it was me. Would have done that for sure - for exactly the same reason (I’ve never used the alias “Mick” for those that know my story) - stuff the 4mil workers put out - what about all the kids that grow up fatherless because the fathers don’t have the will to stand up and fight - or do but don’t have 50K to afford the legal processing that takes 12 months!!

minimun

!!!!!!!!!!!, or are pushed to suicide or homicide or are left so exhausted and penniless they HAVE NO CHOICE but to give up.

DoCs don’t give a rats arse. The state government bypass anything family related and the federal system (although faster for family matters than other legal trials) take so long and kids grow so fast that by the time they do anything most of the damage is done. This is after 2006 when reform gave dads more rights!?!?

My daughter came home telling me the Bridge was closed because someone fell and was run over by a boat - I didn’t know until last night the real reason.
I went into partial shock - if it wasn’t my weekend I would have been all over this.

When he was told his problems would be raised with DoCs it means another piece of paper will be filed - no more will come of it none, none, none!

Quote from DoCs;- “all we do is take reports, we can’t DO anything” -April 2010 after 5 complaints filed and questioned repeatedly about what they would do.

Now the poor bugger has to defend these actions when facing court because they will be used against him.
- I guarantee this post will be used against me. Plenty of other posts I’ve made on Boardworld have.

I’ll grind another tooth out tonight grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pfft- urgent review on Bridge security. Huh??????

How about a review on child welfare, research into Malicious Mother Syndrom blah blah blah ............

Fix the cause not the security you idiots!!!!!!

Believe it or not, but when I first heard this story, and then realized tha you hadn’t been around here for a couple of days!!!!

I actually thought that it might have been you spaz!!!!

Spaz, when I was watching it live, I was checking it wasn’t you mate.

what about all the kids that grow up fatherless because the fathers don’t have the will to stand up and fight - or do but don’t have 50K to afford the legal processing that takes 12 months!! minimun!!!!!!!!!!!, or are pushed to suicide or homicide or are left so exhausted and penniless they HAVE NO CHOICE but to give up.

I understand how that happens, I have been very lucky. The system is flawed.

I wonder if the story of the Father on the West Gate will ever be told fully in public?