The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who is doing the full season at the snow this year?

Just wondering if anyone is doing a full season or a significant time down at the snow this season?

I know spaz will be in Thredbo for the season, Azz and family will be at Hotham a lot… anyone else?

Warren, Fatima and myself are gonna try and get down every second weekend!!!

I’ve got a week down there in July then the shread!! So I’ll be there a little bit!!

Warren, Fatima and myself are gonna try and get down every second weekend!!!

I’ve got a week down there in July then the shread!! So I’ll be there a little bit!!

Heard you the first time, Eddie.  tongue wink

^^ LOL
Usually I try to go up every weekend - even if it’s just for the day… Went to buller mostly tho, because it’s only 2.5-3h from home… This year have season pass for Hotham/Falls… Already have a whole week booked at falls, a weekend at Hotham on mountain, one w/end in harrietville and a weekend booked at Mansfield for buller… Oh yeah, thredbo too - of course!!!  grin

rider26 - 10 May 2011 06:27 PM

Azz and family will be at Hotham a lot…

Not that much, older kids doing units 1,2 & 3,4. We have to lie low for a few years downer

So far we have only one weekend planned for Hotham, The Shred and a week in New Zealand.

We’ll see what happens as the snow falls and my addiction kicks into overdrive cool grin

I say full season but in truth I’ll be travelling a lot between Thredbo and home (Narellan (Sydney’s SW)). I have to split my life to fit both my loves in. I did the same last year and it’s a tough gig but at least (mostly) I don’t travel with the masses on weekends!

There will be a spare seat in my car. I should set my dates on a google calendar and post it on my site for anyone interested in a lift and possible accommodation in Thredbo. Should be a fortnightly routine.

First trip is next Monday - to pick up the keys of the new pad. Yew!!
I’ll come back early for a race(car) meet in Goulborn and the Snow & Travel Expo on Sunday 24th.

mostly a few day trips, mates organising a week or so late august. apart form that trying to lay low to sve $$$

but come peak season that will prob go out the window!

rider26 - 10 May 2011 08:32 PM

Heard you the first time, Eddie.  tongue wink

Yeah, but you’ll have to tell him Twice!!!!!

I’m just wingin it!!!!!!

Might have to go down to Mexico, and see what’s goin on!!!!!  shaka

I wanted to work this season, but then my regular work offered me a raise that i couldnt turn down. Though I will be up every weekend hopefully at Falls/Hotham. cool smile

Mizu Kuma - 11 May 2011 12:22 AM

I’m just wingin it!!!!!!

shred

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 11 May 2011 12:26 AM
Mizu Kuma - 11 May 2011 12:22 AM

I’m just wingin it!!!!!!

shred

Never been, so what’s the pick for stayin on snow????

Falls or Hotham. I love Falls Village. Its all in the Resort its self. Hotham also has a nice village, It is actually at the top of the resort! Well besides the Summit Chair above it. Hothams village is a lot more spread along the main road. Has a great mix of lodge accom up to some amazing luxury accom.

Depends on the terrain you like too really.
I am definately biased to Falls Creek. Some people dont like the terrain and say its too flat and not long enough, but I totally disagree. You just have to ride the right runs!

I rekon Falls village has the best vibe to it and is so beautiful at nightime

Cheers K2!!!!

It’ll be me and Mrs Mizu, so a few nice food halls would be great info as well!!!!!