The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Check These Out!!!!! - Nike Snowboard Boots

blizzard_22 - 10 May 2011 11:46 AM

They are very, errrr, bright. I think I would have to see them in person to judge em!

We’ve already come to the conclusion that ya choice in footwear is a little suss, blizz!!!!!  tongue wink Only Kiddin!!!!!

Have seen a tonne of people rocking Nike boots this season in Whistler, definitely very popular. Some mates with them love them to bits others have had mixed reviews but I’m guessing it may just be incorrectly fitted boots.

finney - 11 May 2011 12:48 AM

Have seen a tonne of people rocking Nike boots this season in Whistler, definitely very popular. Some mates with them love them to bits others have had mixed reviews but I’m guessing it may just be incorrectly fitted boots.

Got a pair of Nike Zoom Hi Tops and the fit has to be honestly the best shoe I have ever owned!!!!!

I would love to try on some of their Snowboardin Boots just to see if the cut was the same as the shoe!!!!!

So rather than start another thread;

Anyone rocking some Nike boots?
i am kind of in the market for new boots(current boots are 2009 Soloman F20’s, super comfy but getting on in years) and been sussing them out. Read reviews on snowboardingforum.com and mostly all good reviews from what i can see so far…

So no one on here has them?

Last year i had Nike Zoom Force 1’s, to be honest i didnt like them, They fit very well and were comfortable however they were hard to get into my bindings with, and my bindings were size large Fluxs which are actually a little wider then standard.

They were just big and clunky, i should note that i have big feet haha US12 but they still shouldnt be hard to get into bindings, got no problems with my other boots.

Since then moved onto DC Ceptors (big step up) then moved onto some 32s which for me are perfect.

I wish Nike would make a low profile boot. I think they look sick but they are so bulky, they don’t make boards wide enough for me to use these boots in a size 13 lol

I’m the same as Cords, just can’t see myself ever purchasing Nike snow gear in the same way that I can’t see myself buying a pair of Burton goalkeeper gloves.

Not sure why a cool artwork raises the price to $700. Do the boots do all the moves for you?

I dont care who makes my snow gear, if i found boots i loved i wouldnt care if they were a collaboration between kraft foods and Exxon Mobil i’d still buy them.

From what i have read they are comfy, but i havent heard anythign on the profile issue you guys say.
Will have to check them out in the near future, still undecided between the kaiju’s, slx and…what ever else

Real snowboarders should support real snowboarding companies.

Meh, if i find a product i love and works for me i will use it regardless of who makes it.

chucky - 13 May 2012 10:41 PM

Real snowboarders should support real snowboarding companies.

they have a pretty epic pro team. Even though I said before that I prob wouldn’t buy them - I’m with Deano. If they were the most comfy then I’d buy them.

Just try to keep in mind that if snowboarding falls in popularity, all the non snowboarding companies currently cashing in won’t think twice about pulling the pin - but because they have their fingers in many other pies, they’ll stay afloat. However if they’re not supported when things are going good, the companies run by snowboarders for snowboarders will go under when things go bad.

100% agree/understand where you are coming from.

Just say i try on the nike boots, love them to death. i will buy them UNLESS i find a product by a full blown homegrown snowboard company that is at least on par with the nike boots, if they felt the exct same i would go snowboarding company 10 times out of ten.

But if there is even one thing i didnt like about the snowboard companies boots compared to the nike ones, how trivial it may be i will go the nike boots.

deanobruce - 14 May 2012 12:17 AM

100% agree/understand where you are coming from.

Just say i try on the nike boots, love them to death. i will buy them UNLESS i find a product by a full blown homegrown snowboard company that is at least on par with the nike boots, if they felt the exct same i would go snowboarding company 10 times out of ten.

But if there is even one thing i didnt like about the snowboard companies boots compared to the nike ones, how trivial it may be i will go the nike boots.

100% agreed with this.