The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

~Winter 2011~ WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?

I wish that you were my Dad!!!!!!

Hey…........... wait a minute!!!!! You are!!!!!  cool grin

i was going to go down for opening weekend once but something came up, glad we didnt cause there was no cover what so ever!

fatima4u - 02 May 2011 08:51 AM

is it worth going down opening weekend??

To which resort?

Perisher has a 3 day music festival - it’s pricey, lots of bands, lots of desperados riding Front Valley.

Thredbo don’t do a big thing - it is just a small village clicking into gear, giving new staff a trial run for the season. Last year was ok for riding when they opened HighNoon on the Monday. By opening weekend snow making is in full swing and with the massive set up they have Friday Flat is certain to be open with or without natures help.

Your better off saving the dollars for when snow is falling and score pow.
I like to make an appearance on opening weekend to catch up with the locals. I’m not sure if the dates work out this year for me.

spaz - 02 May 2011 01:54 PM

To which resort?

Perisher has a 3 day music festival - it’s pricey, lots of bands, lots of desperados riding Front Valley.

Thredbo don’t do a big thing - it is just a small village clicking into gear, giving new staff a trial run for the season. Last year was ok for riding when they opened HighNoon on the Monday. By opening weekend snow making is in full swing and with the massive set up they have Friday Flat is certain to be open with or without natures help.

I like to make an appearance on opening weekend to catch up with the locals. I’m not sure if the dates work out this year for me.

yea was thinking bout goin thredbo, jus keen as 4 the snow thats why i was thinking of heading down…. ill jus keep my eye on the snow reports n if they got a bit of snow might head down… cheers spaz

I still can’t work out Perisher’s MyRide/RFID system. Online, you can join the club or buy a season pass.

What happens for those that want single day tickets etc?
Do they have to join MyRide first?
Or do those that don’t want to join and don’t have a season pass just get given the old barcode style tickets?

I tried to submit a question on the Perisher website but it kept throwing an error.

Ok, I’m throwing this in the “make it up” basket. Unless someone can come up with an answer.

One thing for sure is it wont be an old paper style ticket as there wont be ticket checkers/scanner guns. A one day ticket will still have RFID.

My “made up” guess is that you will still need to register so the company can get all your details in the system, even if you have to fill in the details at a ticket office.

If more info comes up I’ll post it.

Spaz are you like the Tim Bailey of the snow report????

Cheers Spaz, just trying to decide weather to join the MyRide club or not. Does Thredbo have anything like the MyRide club?

fatima4u - 03 May 2011 09:37 AM
spaz - 02 May 2011 01:54 PM

To which resort?

yea was thinking bout goin thredbo, jus keen as 4 the snow thats why i was thinking of heading down…. ill jus keep my eye on the snow reports n if they got a bit of snow might head down… cheers spaz

I will be down there before opening weekend so I’ll put my ear to the ground, tast the soil etc… I know a few people that may drop a good hint as to what the company plans to open. If late notice is an option for making the trip.

News just in: I will be free if I chose to be there for opening weekend. If so at the very least I’ll have the SNOcam <strike>Daily</strike>(regular) Run Vid featuring snow conditions/depth/quality, what’s open and the crowd or lack of.

blizzard_22 - 03 May 2011 12:25 PM

Cheers Spaz, just trying to decide weather to join the MyRide club or not. Does Thredbo have anything like the MyRide club?

Yer it’s called the Mac Spaz Club you should join lol tongue rolleye

Warren Chapstick - 03 May 2011 12:27 PM

McSpazClub if it requires going to Maccas I’m not going LOL

blizzard_22 - 03 May 2011 12:31 PM
Warren Chapstick - 03 May 2011 12:27 PM

McSpazClub if it requires going to Maccas I’m not going LOL

He will give you fries with that!!!! Shake not included

How about shaker fries!!!

NO!!!

:’-(