The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whats your “spoil” item?

It would be a tie between a new board, a new camera and a supercharger for the Jeep!!

Spoil item, hmmm there are so many and with the large tax return i got, some of them are very tempting.  In another thread I am looking at a skate banana, dunno if thats a luxury or must have yet.  Also thinking about a new cam, springs and double row timing chain for the car although many would argue it’s fast enough already.  Wouldn’t mind a jetski for towing or a boat but I don’t think I would use either enough to warrant buying em.  Kinda thinking about new boots, DC Scout or Super Park.

golfpunklegend - 24 August 2009 05:11 AM

3 seasons not buying anything? that’d be some savings right there.
You could start investing on your little one and buy everything he needs to become a burton rider one day raspberry

There comes a time in life when things slow down.
When you had been getting 70 days a year and buyinf new equipment each season, and when that gets reduced to 25 or 30 days you know that you dont have to replace your stuff. Return to school and move away from the mountains for a couple seasons, and you only get in 10 or less for a few years… you’ll soon realize that every time you replaced items at 70 days… you still diddnt have to.

I have been using the same stuff for a while now, but bought new bindings last season.
My wife got new boots a few years back, and still only has about 20 days on them.
unfortunately - and yet fortunately life changes and you just cant ride ALL the time like when college aged.

nthnbeachesguy - 24 August 2009 05:07 PM

Spoil item, hmmm there are so many and with the large tax return i got, some of them are very tempting.  In another thread I am looking at a skate banana, dunno if thats a luxury or must have yet.  Also thinking about a new cam, springs and double row timing chain for the car although many would argue it’s fast enough already.  Wouldn’t mind a jetski for towing or a boat but I don’t think I would use either enough to warrant buying em.  Kinda thinking about new boots, DC Scout or Super Park.

I got myself a pair of superparks, awsome boot. Pretty light for a DC boot too.  grin

This car of yours sounds interesting, what is it??

The car is a VE SSV M6 ute.  Spent a bit of coin on it so far, stainless steel headers, high flow cats, dual 3” exhaust, otr cold air intake and MAF tune, went from about 207rwkw to 256rwkw.  With a cam and assorted bits and pieces for engine safety and longevity will take it closer to or more than 300rwkw.  I like my car but with all the speed limits and hoon laws it seems like an exercise in futility buying go fast bits for it sometimes.  Kinda thinking I might add to the in car entertainment side of things with some sound deadener in the doors, an amp, install the pioneer splits I have and maybe an amp and small sub behind the seat. 

This is what it looks like clean

And this is what it looks like dirty and in the snow in May this year.

Sweet ride! I like those wheels, are they 20’s? I think maybe someone should start a “Show us your Piston powered snowboard carrier” thread. Ive got a Jeep GCSRT8 makes about 330kw at the motor. Good for high 12’s down the quarter, not bad for a 2 tonne Jeep smile

Bloody hell, that a lot of grunt in a jeep.  I wouldn’t want to be putting the foot down in anything other than a straight line in that thing ha ha ha.  Never taken this to the strip although it now has the clutch to deal with it, just spent $2500 on a 400kw capable clutch that still has good street manners.  About the most fun I have in this thing is on the way back from Buller on strath creek rd, the windy uphill section, it’s still 100kmh zone so you can give it a good hiding without stretching the friendship with the speed limit to much.  That pic I took in May is at Buller and is the one and only time I have driven the car up the top, 7am, no other cars and traction control off =  fun…......  It’s very loud when you get up it as well so I restrict my right foot overkill to rural areas.

The wheels are 20’s spent ages looking for wheels and ended up seeing these and liking them and almost fell over when I was told how much, they were the ones I liked the most and they were by far and away the cheapest.

She actually handles pretty good, Bilstein Shocks amd upgraded springs and sway links. The 30km of windy road up to falls is alot of fun cheese This thing was never built to go offroad. Mind you its still no Lotus, but it makes up for that with the 6.1 Litre Hemi under the hood cheese

It took me forever to find the right wheels too. I was tossing up between chrome and black and found one with a bit of both.

Nice 4wd that, they the wheels that come with inserts you can put in and take out as you want?  Doesn’t look like the sort of car I would want to take off road however I take mine down dirt roads on a fairly regular basis, just take it easy though.  Been thinking about getting rid of the ute and getting a Subaru Forestor but finding it hard to part with the V8 sound and power.  You based in Melbourne mate?

nthnbeachesguy - 24 August 2009 06:25 PM

That is one mean ute. Nice ride man.

darb - 24 August 2009 04:22 PM

A good bottle of scotch, an new lens for the camera or a trip home to see some family would be my top 3.  and not in any specific order.

i could think up an interesting order: go buy that new lens for the camera, drink the bottle of scotch then take the trip home to see some family.
Would love to see the pics after raspberry

It sounds even meaner than it looks, will find a link to my youtube if your interested…........

Why not? no harm done. Hit me up dude.

nthnbeachesguy - 24 August 2009 10:01 PM

Nice 4wd that, they the wheels that come with inserts you can put in and take out as you want?  Doesn’t look like the sort of car I would want to take off road however I take mine down dirt roads on a fairly regular basis, just take it easy though.  Been thinking about getting rid of the ute and getting a Subaru Forestor but finding it hard to part with the V8 sound and power.  You based in Melbourne mate?

DONT BUY A SUBARU! Get a HEMI powered Jeep and gave the best of both worlds!! Mine is 4WD but more of an onroad setup, 90/10 torque split until the backs get squirrly. You can get a GC with a 5.7 Hemi but more offroad capable. Look into it…...I got rid of my Subaru and have never looked back! My wheels dont have bits you can change but they do look similar to the ones your talking about. Im based in Falls Creek during winter and will now be spending my summers in Queensland.

Oh and sorry for the thread hijack grrr

Spoil item for me would be a couple of nights kid free, be it at home or away, not fussed, just some “us” time would be great.