The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Spring maintenance

How do you guys maintain your snowboard for spring? After 1 ride my base seems dry already (I’m using all temp wax). Should I even bother waxing often? Or maybe just not scrape?

That’s pretty odd; Spring snow is less abrasive than cold snow. Technically your wax should last longer. Are you doing a proper hot wax process?

I would suggest cleaning your base with base cleaner; your base may be clogged and interfering with wax absorption. The other method is a ‘hot scrape’ - wax your board as usual and scrape the wax off immediately while the wax is still hot. This will clean out the pores of the base.

If you’re still having problems, it may be time for a base grind.

Also, it won’t last longer but you might want to try a warm temp wax - better for Spring slush.

Yeap I’m pretty sure I’m doing a proper hot wax + nylon brush structure after scraping. I will try the hot scrape and a warm temp wax. Thanks Jez.

is it just dry on edges? do you have any furry/stringy bits where its dry?

skip11 - 27 April 2011 04:42 AM

Yeap I’m pretty sure I’m doing a proper hot wax + nylon brush structure after scraping. I will try the hot scrape and a warm temp wax. Thanks Jez.

Cool, make sure you re-wax the board after the hot scrape. Let me know if it solves your problem. smile

What’s the furry stringy bits? I don’t know Lib’s bases usually have like white lines sometimes when they’re dry or not (not sure), try looking 1 at a store and you’ll see what I mean.

Update: Just got back today from whis. I think it just looks a little dry but it’s still pretty fast. I think the structuring using a nylon brush really helps.