The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BOARDWORLD SHRED 2011 ~Jive talk~

Mizu Kuma - 27 April 2011 08:41 AM

LIST OF CONFIRMED SHRED PARTICIPANTS!!!!!

Add ya name so we know who’s made an effort ( cool smile ), and who hasn’tmad )!!!!

11th - 16th :

11th - 17th : rider26, Just Giver,

11th - 18th : Warren, fatima, eddie, Mizu, tjswish

14th - 16th : Azz ‘n’ Tambo,

16th - 18th : Billy, Jensta, K2

Alternate Dates Here :
June - Oct spaz cool smile (little effort made) wink

TJ - (Provided he has a lift) 11th - 18th.
If my only lift is Rider and Just Giver, I will be leaving early too lol.

You’ll have a lift.

I’m also an option but will be following an ultramarathon runner on a solo mission across the Nullabour until the 7th - if it takes longer than planned I could be a few days late getting back to Sydney. I’ll need a rest before doing the

short

trip from Sydney to Thredbo so it should be good timing.

Just thought of a new competition/game/event for the Shred.
The 2011 Boardworld King of the Mountain. Race from top to bottom, with a running start to your board then run to the start then strap in and go!
shred

you can also do a modified version where everyone has a glass of beer in their hand and the one who gets to the bottom first with a full glass wins.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 27 April 2011 11:19 PM

Just thought of a new competition/game/event for the Shred.
The 2011 Boardworld King of the Mountain. Race from top to bottom, with a running start to your board then run to the start then strap in and go!
shred

you can also do a modified version where everyone has a glass of beer in their hand and the one who gets to the bottom first with a full glass wins.

I’d lose that one for sure!!!!! Maybe I could finish the beer before the rest of ya have strapped in????  cool hmm

Boarding with glass I will discourage to the utmost!!!!!!! Maybe plastic…

Thredbo holds the Top to Bottom in early August - Le-mans start, GS course.

People have been seriously injured and died in the official T2B.

Doing it minus the gates would be interesting - chinese downhill, but approval would be needed as it’s dangerous for others on the hill. That sort of race would encourage me to be topping 80km/h - I’ve done over 100km/h racing skiers, first run of the day, to the bottom. (High end GPS on 3 of us measuring from 108km/h to 120km/h - all arrived at the bottom within 50m of one another)

Great idea but lots of red tape. Done unofficially it would put a bad name to the BW-Shred. Sorry to rain on the idea K2.

Nah all valid points there! I definately didnt think the glass through at all rolleyes stupid idea. Its all good, we got plenty else to keep us entertained wink

An idea:

Utilising the RFID ticketing system we can tally up the most runs and estimate distances covered during the shred…...

Yeh that wouls be cool to see who gets the most, and what the total is!

spaz - 27 April 2011 10:03 AM

You’ll have a lift.

I’m also an option but will be following an ultramarathon runner on a solo mission across the Nullabour until the 7th - if it takes longer than planned I could be a few days late getting back to Sydney. I’ll need a rest before doing the

short

If you are struggling, let me know and I can drive you (and your car) back down to thredders. I’ve done the drive many times before smile

tjswish - 28 April 2011 01:40 AM

You’ll have a lift.

short

If you are struggling, let me know and I can drive you (and your car) back down to thredders. I’ve done the drive many times before smile

Just had a mental image of TJ sittin on spaz’s back, with a steerin wheel comin out of the back of his head!!!!!  LOL

LOL

Mizu Kuma - 28 April 2011 01:45 AM
tjswish - 28 April 2011 01:40 AM

You’ll have a lift.

short

Just had a mental image of TJ sittin on spaz’s back, with a steerin wheel comin out of the back of his head!!!!!  LOL

Don’t know how you got that image Mizu but Ooooo Kay!

Yeah TJ could work out well.

That looks like fun Spaz!

how much for a week lift pass? trying to organise the finances..

Around 340 for a 5.5 day pass…