The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

the vertical leap in that shot is un-f*#king-believable!

sweet, will check out that site now.

At the start of the season i was worried it would backfire hard due to the ego’s in the team but to their credit they have started to be more team players than superstars. I recall one of the early games erik spoulstra was giving a half time speech* to the team, they were losing and he told the big 3 to lose the ego’s haha

*i use that term loosely, he was pretty much screaming lol

Ive got a close eye on the Magic. I went to the Magic V Cavs play off in 09 in Orlando.. I was a clincher! Ever since ive been a bit of a Magic fan.. However im not sure they’ll make the final this season. Though never say die..

My top pics.. San Antonio, Lakers, Boston and Miami smile

Miami.. Cant go past the big dynamic trio of Lebron, Bosh and Wade.. Isnt that right rider?? Hehe wink

I read an interesting article today on ESPN about Erik Spoelstra and LeBron James:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6396468

surferguy56 - 21 April 2011 02:27 AM

Ive got a close eye on the Magic. I went to the Magic V Cavs play off in 09 in Orlando.. I was a clincher! Ever since ive been a bit of a Magic fan.. However im not sure they’ll make the final this season. Though never say die..

Miami.. Cant go past the big dynamic trio of Lebron, Bosh and Wade.. Isnt that right rider?? Hehe wink

Rule out the best record in the regular season all ready…

I’ve been a bulls fan since I started playing in ‘92 and stuck with them through the post Jordan years. D-Rose is just a beast!

I remember that VC dunk, probably the greatest dunk of all time in a game imo.

well I’m a knicks fan so not going so great for us at the moment. Jeremy I think I have basketball cards of pretty much all those original Heat guys. I still have all my old cards actually from when I used to collect ‘round ‘93/‘94/‘95ish. Fun to get them out every now and then and have a browse & remember guys I’d forgotten like Robert “The Chief” Parrish etc. I started going for the knicks back in those Patrick Ewing days when everyone else was Bulls/Jordan bandwagoning!
Don’t get to follow the knicks as much as I’d like these days, I don’t know much about all their players but I’m just glad they made the playoffs!
I think those 2 wins from the celtics were their home games so hopefully we can pull a couple back at Madison Square Gardens.

We will see… haha nah its going to be a cracker of a series either way it goes.

cords - 21 April 2011 02:58 AM

well I’m a knicks fan so not going so great for us at the moment. Jeremy I think I have basketball cards of pretty much all those original Heat guys. I still have all my old cards actually from when I used to collect ‘round ‘93/‘94/‘95ish. Fun to get them out every now and then and have a browse & remember guys I’d forgotten like Robert “The Chief” Parrish etc. I started going for the knicks back in those Patrick Ewing days when everyone else was Bulls/Jordan bandwagoning!
Don’t get to follow the knicks as much as I’d like these days, I don’t know much about all their players but I’m just glad they made the playoffs!
I think those 2 wins from the celtics were their home games so hopefully we can pull a couple back at Madison Square Gardens.

I have all my old basketball cards too. Maybe we should pull them out and see if you want to trade some old-school Knicks cards for Miami cards. I know I have a few kind-of rare Patrick Ewing cards. Do you remember the SkyBox Thunder and Lightning cards? I used to buy the Beckett magazine all the time haha.

I hated the Knicks back in the day, more than any other team. Miami and the Knicks would always meet in the playoffs; it was always long and brutal and usually the Knicks came out on top. You guys broke my heart on more than one occasion. It looks like we’ll be meeting in the playoff again quite a bit over the next few years.

The Kicks are certainly on the rise. If they can keep Billups healthy and running the show at point, I think you’ll do really well. It was disappointing to see him get injured in game 1, no doubt a big loss. Amare looks like he will return for game 3, I think Billups is a bit iffy and he had an MRI on his knee. Anyway we’ll see how it goes. A brutal 7 game series I hope…  tongue wink

I’ve got this Thunder/Lightning card from 93/94 (John Starks on the back)...

tjswish - 21 April 2011 02:57 AM
surferguy56 - 21 April 2011 02:27 AM

Rule out the best record in the regular season all ready…

I’ve been a bulls fan since I started playing in ‘92 and stuck with them through the post Jordan years. D-Rose is just a beast!

I remember that VC dunk, probably the greatest dunk of all time in a game imo.

There was a vote on NBA.com a while ago and it was voted the greatest dunk of all time. I was sitting maybe 10 rows back. So stoked!  shaka

that is insane!!!!

watching the celtics take on the knicks on http://www.trgoals.co if anyone is interested.

I’m watching the game, not looking good for the Knicks. They need Chauncey out there, too many turnovers. I think we’ll be seeing you in the second round.  raspberry

yeh they dont look…interested at some points!?

at one stage we had the ball and amare and anthony were just standing in the paint not doing anything.

it looks very likely we will see you guys! your not having much trouble with the 76ers

knicks may as well not come back out for the 4th

rondo is in control of this game! the garden sounds like its empty…

Yep, it’s a smashing…  confused

Just catching the last of the Magic Hawks game.. 2 players got got ejected from the game for fighting….. Richardson from Orlando and Pachulia for the Hawks with under 2min to go!! Hawks lead by 2!!! LETS GO MAGIC!!