The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

rider26 - 20 July 2010 06:13 AM

He is Dallas’ all time leading scorer and rebounder. Maybe he wants to really cement those records?

He can’t go to the Lakers or Miami… may as well stay where people like him, he has setup his family and his legacy.

Other than Lakers or Miami, he wouldn’t really be improving his situation too much. Even the Bulls got Boozer which means he can’t go there and the Celts have KG…

I know I was just being stupid! I like to see the loyal players do well at their clubs!

Magic Johnson came out today saying how he would have never teamed of with Michael or Larry. But those guys weren’t friends, it’s weird how the media is trying to turn the old guys onto the new trio. Michael Jordan’s words were completely taken out of context.

rider26 - 21 July 2010 08:53 AM

Magic Johnson came out today saying how he would have never teamed of with Michael or Larry. But those guys weren’t friends, it’s weird how the media is trying to turn the old guys onto the new trio. Michael Jordan’s words were completely taken out of context.

What did MJ say?

I actually think what Barcley said was actually pretty true. Think back to when Jordan first joined the Bulls they were a struggling team and they had some pretty tough years before they started winning.

Oh well what is done is done. No one will ever compare to MJ anyway!!

Chris Paul might be going to the Knicks. Carmello Anthony will probably join him next season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5401230

Shaq signed with Boston. He joins Jermaine O’Neil at centre.

The 2010/11 schedule has been released. Miami vs Boston opening game - awesome! Miami vs Lakers on Christmas.

Pre-season well under way and the start of the season just around the corner…

So stoked for the new season to begin and can’t wait to watch Miami play live at American Airlines Arena in December!  cool grin

So, Jordan went on record to say under today’s rules he would score 100 points.

Check it out: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5686980

Do you think he could score 100?

Bump.

Anyone been following this season so far?

My Heat are getting smashed by Dallas at the moment.

Anyone been watching the playoffs?

Knicks blew it again yesterday against Boston. Huge game by Carmello with Amare and Billups out.

Stoked Lakers and Spurs lost their first games.

So stoked Miami is up 2-0 and playing well.

Love this time of year!  cool grin

Yeh i have been keeping tabs on it at work, massive celtics fan!

its been a close 2 games so far, carmelo killed it yesterday! massive effort from him especially with amare out for the 2nd half and billups out. I think all the games will be close but the celtics will go through in straight sets…so to speak.

I havent met many real miami fans, most jumped on the bandwagon when lebron/bosh signed, so its nice to see someone who actually followed them before last summer!

im hoping against hope lakers go out first round but it wont happen…

I’ve been supporting the Heat forever. I started really supporting them when we had Tim Hardaway, Jamal Mashburn, Dan Majerle, PJ Brown, Alonzo Mourning - actually that was our starting lineup! haha. Alonzo Mourning was always my favourite player and eventually I just started loving the whole team. Since then I’ve been a Heat fan through thick and thin. It was so devastating when we lost Zo due to his kidney condition and equally amazing that he returned to Miami and won the ring he always deserved. No doubt Dwayne Wade turned our franchise around.

Yeah I hope Lakers and Spurs either get knocked out or taken to the edge. I want the Western Conference series to be brutal and long so they’re smashed up for the finals. Dallas played well yesterday, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they made it out of the west. Lots of experience and talent on the team.

There’s 3 games on tonight. So stoked we actually have good coverage here! How many games have they been showing in Australia? Foxtel always pissed me off in regards to NBA coverage.

Alonzo was one of my fav players back in the day also! Hardaway was wicked also,

I think you guys will have a more cohesive team next year/year after. its alot of adjustment trying to mash 3 players of that calibre together and hoping that it will instantly win titles/dominate, haha i also am hoping the western conference is a brutal affair and anyone who makes it through is busted/tired. just to make it easier for us!

To be honest i have been following the games on nba.com, i know onehd(free to air sports channel) is showing a few games but im at work most times they are on, they are showing the mavericks vs trailblazers tomoro. we get next to none of the playoffs i think. im hoping they will show the final series but im not holding my breath.

Anyone know where you can stream it online at all?

Yeah you can stream pretty much all the games through myp2p.eu

There used to be another site but it got shut down. Foxtel should at least show the Finals.

I got to watch Zo and Tim Hardaway up close in the Sydney Olympics. Caught Jason Kidd’s sweaty wrist band at the end of one of the games too haha. I was at another game where Vince Carter dunked over that 7 foot centre.

You’re right, it was always going to be a slow start for Miami and it didn’t surprise me we went 10-8. It was a big loss to lose Udonis but equally good to pick up Mike Bibby, we were seriously suffering at point. Joel Anthony seems to have stepped up too. I’m hoping we can attract a couple of healthy veterans over the summer or guys willing to take a pay-cut.

Here’s the dunk I was talking about…