The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

$295 season pass!!!!!!

http://mtruapehu.com/winter/australian-season-pass/

So it’s in NZ…. SO!
Ends May 6th.

So,
It’s an active Volcano - So!

WOW!!!! That’s Cheap As!!!!

What’s Mt Ruapehu like for snow/terrain but???? Anyone been there???? Give us a spiel!!!!

From their website http://mtruapehu.com/

Mt Ruapehu is home to the most awesome natural skiing and snowboarding terrain in the country: huge snow filled basins, steep chutes, drop-offs and secret powder stashes. Mt Ruapehu offers something for everyone: fantastic learners’ facilities, terrain parks for snowboarders and freeskiers of all abilities, and the best spring skiing in New Zealand.

With the largest lift accessed terrain and highest lift in New Zealand, and the longest Vertical descent in Australasia, Mt Ruapehu provides MORE terrain, MORE choice and MORE freedom. One Mt Ruapehu lift pass gives you access to both Whakapapa and Turoa Ski Areas.

The only negative is no photography services - ie: no HeadCam Rental.

I have a NZ friend trying to decide whether to do another Thredbo season or stay at home (Mt Ruapehu is his local resort). Until he mentioned no photog business I was trying to convince him to cross the ditch. Now I’m trying to convince him to ditch his job and join the international Xcam team.

Nearest Towns
There are some great little towns and villages surrounding Mt Ruapehu just a short drive from the ski areas. And, if you’re looking for all the amenities and excitement of a big tourism-based town, Taupo is little more than an hour away from Whakapapa Ski Area.

To and From Auckland in August for $260, Season pass for $295 and then I just need a couch to sleep on. Anyone know of any good forums I could spam and try to find a couch? lol I offer to buy cases of beer and help out with cleaning / cooking / other.

craigslist? not sure if there is an nz one tho

deanobruce - 19 April 2011 03:49 AM

Yeah, but it’s called cregslurst!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 19 April 2011 03:52 AM
deanobruce - 19 April 2011 03:49 AM

Yeah, but it’s called cregslurst!!!!

LOL

hahaha well played.

http://www.trademe.co.nz

Seems to be the Gumtree / Craigslist of NZ.

Not sure if I should try though raspberry

couchsurfer.org

Moving to Mountains and Travel. smile

Thats seriously cheap.  Now that I have access to qantas staff airfares, flights would probably run me me about $80 return, dunno if I could get there enough to make a season pass worthwhile but I think a couple of 4 day weekends might be in order!

Got me thinking so I had a look into it, airfares to Auckland probably less than $70, camper hire pick up Thursday night drop off Monday arvo $130NZ.  The normal day rates there are $95NZ so that season pass looks like good value, do 4 days and you made your money back and Turoa was open till 7th of November last year!