The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ideas for summer… check it out!

That is amazing! I wonder if they ever had an incorrect landing :S

funny website, I enjoyed the other videos from recent days too.

Woahhh thats so trippy.
Im amazed at how well the landing worked out.
woulda made my day to see someone move that pool a metre to the left or right

The fact that he lands it perfectly makes me think it’s fake but it looks real. Not too sure but I can definitely see it going horribly wrong if they were out on the landing

nic - 10 August 2009 07:52 AM

The fact that he lands it perfectly makes me think it’s fake but it looks real. Not too sure but I can definitely see it going horribly wrong if they were out on the landing

hell yeah. nic, you and me think alike.
I was like “no way he could’ve landed that…..”
so i watched it over and over again, but it seem real as can be.
i considered that it could’ve been a dummy sliding down, but if you look carefully, its the actual dude flying down the slide…

golfpunklegend - 10 August 2009 09:28 AM

i considered that it could’ve been a dummy sliding down, but if you look carefully, its the actual dude flying down the slide…

A fair bit of water is also displaced so that also makes me thin kit’s real. Anyway crazy stuff.
I wouldn’t try it on a pool that small over that distance. I’d be thinking more like into a dam, haha

nic - 10 August 2009 09:47 AM
golfpunklegend - 10 August 2009 09:28 AM

A fair bit of water is also displaced so that also makes me thin kit’s real. Anyway crazy stuff.
I wouldn’t try it on a pool that small over that distance. I’d be thinking more like into a dam, haha

Yeah but the one thing that got me guessing is the dude stands right up. I mean, come on! he just flew like 30 metres into a overly small pool and that should still hurt a fair bit.

Ah, was always too good to be true. It was an ad for something or another. It is real until he gets to the bit where he isn’t on view in the slide though.
http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2009/08/microsoft-takes-off-with-giantwaterslide-ad.html

Yeah he didn’t seem stoked enough when he got up. If it were real he would be going crazy from all the adrenalin. I know I would.

Maybe he just shat himself
But honestly, i would have 2 ways to react:
1) not get up at all
2) jump around like i just won powerball
Nic, i think that him flying through the air is pretty real… you can hear him sliding pretty fast if you turn the volume up.
I think im starting to accept that this might be real….

Im going to agree with nic and gofpunk here… He just flew crazy distance and landed in a kiddie pool that was knee high-waist high with water… But after watching it several times it looks legit… Its just mind boggling that he flys that far to land in minimal amount of water..

Lock in B thanks eddie.. Fake.

Fake or not I can see people trying to do it and getting a few broken bones in the process.

surferguy56 - 10 August 2009 08:16 PM

Im going to agree with nic and gofpunk here… He just flew crazy distance and landed in a kiddie pool that was knee high-waist high with water… But after watching it several times it looks legit… Its just mind boggling that he flys that far to land in minimal amount of water..

Lock in B thanks eddie.. Fake.

Everytime i watch a video that makes me go “woahh” i always search for giveaways because i think that its too good to be true. I actually have to say that this video has no flaw and i think it has an equal possibility of being real.
As much as i would to shut this vid down, the sound is there, the splash is there and a guy stands up wet and a little dazed.
Sorry eddie, i think im gonna have to call a friend on this one.

Hey did you watch the one with the guy getting emails from his girl while he is in Europe?

That is funny !!!!!

Tambazz - 13 August 2009 11:06 AM

Hey did you watch the one with the guy getting emails from his girl while he is in Europe?

That is funny !!!!!

Is that on today’s big thing?