The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What are you doing?

Yes it does. I can’t speak on behalf of snowslider, but I have no issues with it ending with me. Long story…

Congratulations to both you and your wife snowslider, and to the two halves of Tambazz!

Fantastic day for all of boardworld to celebrate with you, and the best wishes to you all smile looking forward to some happy photo’s from both parties soon…:)

rider26 - 08 August 2009 01:30 PM

Yes it does. I can’t speak on behalf of snowslider, but I have no issues with it ending with me. Long story…

My father’s name (no disrespect meant) was the name I removed. It was my mother’s name that I now have. I just went and changed my middle name while at it - for no reason at all.

This did make me the last in the family to have that name. My mother had only one brother. He had 3 girls and no boys. Therefore he was the last, with no intention of having other children. For me to change my name my grandfather was ecstatic, it brought tears to his eyes.  I did this when I was 18 years old. I was then the last Ingrassia. I am now 34. I had a son yesterday. He is now the last Ingrassia. The last of our ‘blood line’ of course. My mother’s family is an Italian family, but my father is not Italian (my father is part German and part French-Candian). So that makes me half Italian, I guess and my son 1/4th technically.

Jeremy, what nationality is your family?

Mom and baby are doing well. We’re calling him Pauly.

Did I mention that the house we were buying was supposed to come to a close and sign papers yesterday?
When we went to the doctor on Thursday and he told us to go to the hospital, we wanted to wait a day so we could finish the paperwork on the house. He wouldnt allow that, so I had to do one of the hardest things and I diddnt imagine how much it would hurt to do… I had to leave the hospital with my wife in labor and drive to the lawyer’s office to sign all the papers to buy the house and tehn get back to the hospital. All went well. I hated having to do that, but glad it is all over. So we bought a new home just house before our baby was born. The house closing paperwork I completed around 2:30PM and the baby was delivered at 5:49PM. What a crazy day.

Congratulations, snowslider and family!

snowslider - 08 August 2009 06:37 PM

This did make me the last in the family to have that name. My mother had only one brother. He had 3 girls and no boys. Therefore he was the last, with no intention of having other children. For me to change my name my grandfather was ecstatic, it brought tears to his eyes.  I did this when I was 18 years old. I was then the last Ingrassia. I am now 34. I had a son yesterday. He is now the last Ingrassia. The last of our ‘blood line’ of course. My mother’s family is an Italian family, but my father is not Italian (my father is part German and part French-Candian). So that makes me half Italian, I guess and my son 1/4th technically.

Your day sounds crazy. Dont get too relaxed, im sure its just the first of many now that you’ve got a kid raspberry
I can only imagine how happy your grandfather would be, slider.
Cheers

Congratulations to Snowslider for his healthy baby boy, and to Tambazz for a happy marriage!!! I wish your families the best

Thanks Folks,

My bride and I ride our first lift as Husband & Wife.

We had a fantastic day, weather was perfect. I even got a few turns in some fresh on the way in !!!!!!

Our oldest son Fishmunga pulled 3rd grommie in the rail jam too !!!!!

this is a real heartwarming thread

Congrats snowslider for everything!

Went to a rave last night, one of my best mates got arrested before we even got in haha.
Hoping to catch up with my girlfriend tomorrow, thats pretty much my life right now. Boring yeah!

tambazz and snowslider..congrats to the two of you on such momentous events…personally toasting you with a few glasses of pinot as we speak…enjoy…

antt321 - 09 August 2009 10:16 AM

Congrats snowslider for everything!

Went to a rave last night, one of my best mates got arrested before we even got in haha.
Hoping to catch up with my girlfriend tomorrow, thats pretty much my life right now. Boring yeah!

Yeah… your life sounds soo boring… raspberry wanna swap? My life = study, study,  parties that end early, study, study, and if im lucky this year, i might find time to go up to the snow a couple more times…

snowslider - 08 August 2009 06:37 PM

Jeremy, what nationality is your family?

On my mum’s side my grandfather was born in Penang, Malaysia, and my grandmother was born in Burma (although my grandfather is not Malaysian and my grandmother is not Burmese). Malaysia was under British rule and my grandfather joined the British Army at a young age. My grandfather became Captain in the British Army and was Superintendent of an island called Palau Jerejak (an island off Penang). He was in charge of the island for 5 years. My mum was born in Singapore. My family moved to Melbourne when my mum was 4 years old in 1956, then moved to Sydney when my mother finished school. My father was born in England, but I have no idea where his family is from, presumably Europe.

Tambazz - 09 August 2009 09:34 AM

Thanks Folks,

We had a fantastic day, weather was perfect. I even got a few turns in some fresh on the way in !!!!!!

Awesome guys, stoked for both of you! Well done to Fishmunga too!

Beautiful picture Tambazz!

We get to leave the hospital today and return home.
Life is good.

Im looking forward to hitting the new dry slope down the road on 8-29!
I will have a lot of no work, but being home taking of my wife and our new baby boy between now and then.

Tambazz - 09 August 2009 09:34 AM

Thanks Folks,

thats awesome guys…loving the bright celebratory colours! did you swap goggles or just match it up like that by co-incidence?