The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone going to the snow?

Hey banger

were you meaning this weekend or in August??

it would be good to hook up with more boarders :D

i will be getting my minor mojo on in the Piper Park and see where my skills are at this season

my balls haven’t dropped far enough to hit the larger jumps as yet

i will be down with a few this weekend, 1st week of August will be traveling semi solo with my bro - beginner intermediate rider

thinking about getting some jump & box lessons in that 1st week

this weekend, we are heading down wed night/thursday morning (midnight club style perhaps!)
i’ll be checking out the piper park with SDV for a few warm up sessions, i hit the front valley park a few weeks back when that was all they had going, but wasn’t really feeling too adventurous on my first trip of the season…this time though for sure….be getting back into it for sure…hopefully see you there….
Keep an eye out for the helmet cam!

will do

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 20 July 2009 12:06 PM

Hotham 25-26, and 31-2
either of those when you are up Tobi? Anyone else at hotham those weekends?
Or a anyone at falls 8-10 aug?
Would be good to meet up with some fellow boardworldians for some turns

Am trying to do this season on the cheap (didn’t realise how much it costs week to week when you don’t have a season pass) and my regular ride to Hotham hasn’t gotten back to me so I’m day tripping to Buller this Friday with a skier instead.

*might* be up next weekend but I doubt it.

Aiming for the weekend of August 8th & 9th though. If your heading up then let me know.

Otherwise Un Zed on August 13th for 10 days.

Will see about the rest of the season when I get back and assess how much cash, how much snow and how much effort is required for uni.

Just got home, went riding till midday today. It was raining heavily in Thredbo when we left, but my friend said it turned to snow and is now snowing very heavy. Should be good for some pow turns tomorrow morning…

Im heading to perisher for 5 days 10-14 Aug with ma school so yeah

Had a fun arvo with SDV in piper park, hiking the box line…. Was the best choice, out of the wind. No lines….finally got some new box tricks going. Right now sitting in the pizza joint opposite ess waiting for the a Jindy special…. With the some of the staff from ess and nick gregory at the next table. 2 more days to go

So how did the footage turn out?

spaz - 24 July 2009 10:16 AM

So how did the footage turn out?

do you mean from today? So far so good…. I did the box straight to boardslide to switch out and and angle looks really cool…. Presses dont really show that well, but ill try to add some more style and might go front and back 1’s and 3’s tomorrow….see how it looks

Buller, wind blown, icy, windy & cold.

Not worth it.

Should be taking the weekend off as I have no cash.

That said I’m entertaining the idea of a day at Baw Baw on Saturday.

Now to find someone to come with me.

At PB this weekend for the week anyone around??

Hey is anyone going to be at Falls Creek this weekend, sat-mon?

Im in Falls all season mate and im pretty sure nelson is too.