The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Countdown to your next ride!

Hopefully only about 20 days or so left!

I am counting down to tomorrow!!!
I will head back to the SnowFlex Centre, be it for a half day or only a few hours I am not sure.
It is the official grand opening.
They plan to have someone drop from an airplane (i guess parachute) and land on the Snowflex surface and ride down!
There will be a freestyle demo and then vendors etc.
They will keep the rates as an hourly option, which I think is really cool to pay for only a few hours at a time, I like that, because really the hill is quite small and I can go for 3 hours at a time and get enough fun for the day. I dont need to stay all day and buy lunch and all that.

Anyone hitting up Hotham next Friday-Sunday (Sept 4-6)
Lets grab a drink or five!

hey there people, I am finally back in australia and will most likely be hitting thredbo next weekend (5-6 Sept). anyone wanna meet up for a drink or a few laps of the place?

Going for a day trip to Buller tomorrow with my better half, should be fun, anyone else heading up that way?

Looking at the cams, nooope.
Hope you have fun though!

I am riding tomorrow! I will be demoing Flow boards and bindings in Thredbo. Hopefully we don’t get too much rain. Yeeeew!  cheese

This coming weekend.

rider26 - 30 August 2009 09:52 PM

I am riding tomorrow! I will be demoing Flow boards and bindings in Thredbo. Hopefully we don’t get too much rain. Yeeeew!  cheese

Wowweee. Im not sure if i missed it or anything are you allowed to put up the pictures of the burton demo yet?

There was powder this morning, amazing!  Was actually pretty good in the morning, LBS was the pick, out of the wind and bout 10cm of new powder type snow, got hammered and chopped up pretty quick.  All the terrain parks were like concrete so didn’t bother with em, bit dissappointed considering the new banana I was riding…....

Wow….
well, the seasons not over yet so the banana will get a few more rides before the end of the season smile
thanks for the report though… i kinda hate looking at the reports on buller’s site. we need a buller-spaz.

nthnbeachesguy - 31 August 2009 04:44 AM

There was powder this morning, amazing!  Was actually pretty good in the morning, LBS was the pick, out of the wind and bout 10cm of new powder type snow, got hammered and chopped up pretty quick.  All the terrain parks were like concrete so didn’t bother with em, bit dissappointed considering the new banana I was riding…....

How did you like the banana in the non-park riding?

Yeah was good, really does make a difference turning on hardpacked snow.  Went down the Koflers terrain park in slowmo just to check it out (was a scary looking ice pack and with -5 degree temps and no one riding it unlikely to get any better)  and made my way down to the bottom of the Howqua chair.  The whole way down was just ice, the wind was from the west and was obviously blowing any fresh straight off the runs and over the other side.  The magnetraction really makes a big difference in holding your edge, not to many unforeseen side slips which was nice.  Will go back to my equipment thread and fill out my thoughts on it over there in more detail at some stage today.

Thanks nthn.
Good report on the other page.

My next day of riding may be in over a week from now, I’m not sure.

Woohoo! Heading up on Friday morning…
Leaving at 3am for a very slow drive up to Hotham.. (Gonna be 10 of us in the van woohoo)

If you’re up at Hotham, look out for me!
I’ll be the one looking like a space man (White helmet + EG2 goggles)