The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

3.5 years in Aus & now I must go

My time in Sydney is almost done.  I have just 10 days left until I fly out of Australia.  It has been a unforgettable experience living here, I have made soooo many friends that I know I will see again (Some friends I have never met face to face) one day…. hopefully next year visiting me in Vancouver!

I am super sad to be leaving… especially since I wont get to be at the Shred down unda.  But as the next chapter begins I already know its going to be a good one.  Thanks to two amazing friends I have a sweet little pad to move into in West Van and I am so excited to explore the area I can not wait.  Rider and JustGiver have helped make Sydney feel like a home for the last 3 and a half years and now have set me up in a new home.  They are 2 amazing inspirational people that I am so glad I can call friends.

Well enough cheese, a big shout out to all those I got the pleasure of meeting here in Syd its been a blast.  If you come to Van look me up, and to all those in the Vancouver area I am in some serious need of a Kokanee and some poutine so let me know who is making the best pub food in Van!

Good luck to ya Darb!

Brad, it’s been an absolute pleasure. So stoked we were able to cross paths through Boardworld and no doubt develop a very strong friendship. It’s been unreal hanging out with you, going on photo shoots, and getting to know Nancy and the two doggies. Michelle and I can’t wait to catch with you guys when you get here. Also Blackcomb is now staying open till May 31st, so I’m sure we’ll be able to get a few days in! I’ll have a case of cold Kokanees waiting for you! You’re right, when one chapter ends, another one begins - let’s just hope Mizu Kuma feels the same way!  grrr

See ya darb!!!!!

Just make sure that Jeremy hasn’t accidently swapped the Kokanees for Anti Freeze or somethin!!!! (He’s gettin a little Clumsy in his old age!!!!)

When do ya reckon you’ll be back to The Land Down Under???? Ya know that you’ll Always be welcome!!!! Just not on a Concession!!!!  wink

And good Luck dude!!!!  shaka

Good Luck mate!!
you’ll be back though, they all come back for some more of the Auzzy back shaka

All the best buddy, hopefully catch you in whis for a shred before I leave at the end of May.

Cheers,
Mike.

sounds like you have fun times ahead still! Keep coming on here!  good luck!

All the best dude!

Good luck darb!!! Enjoy the kokanee! Crispest beer! Love it

Thanks all,

I know I will be back at some point.  I am super stoked to take my photography to the next level and the Vancouver area is just what I need.

Mizu you have no idea how excited I am to be able to work full time!  haha

Finney I plan on hitting Blackcomb a few times before they close… lets make some plans!

And I should be on here way more in the future as Canada has better dial up then the Australian broadband lol

Looking forward to starting the new chapter!

darb - 20 April 2011 02:56 AM

Mizu you have no idea how excited I am to be able to work full time!  haha

Now ya tell me!!!! Ya could’ve been workin all of my shifts, and I could’ve gone surfin!!!!  LOL

I’m sure that you’ll make a great impact where ever ya go darb!!!!  shaka

Going to do some hard core back country nature photography while Im there… Will get you some proper grizzly photos!

Make sure that ya name one after me!!!!!  cool grin

I don’t know if a bear wants to be named ‘Deleted’...  rolleyes

LOL Bazinga!

All the best darb enjoy it dude