The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Any groomers on here?

Where did you get training, and how hard is it to land a job?

Im no groomer, but I did work at a hill for a few years.  If your looking to get into it.  i would suggest you get in contact with you local snow bump and ask them.  But the places I have worked generally do all the training in house and hire just about anyone, better if you have some kind of equipment operation experience.  Groomers are great guys to know (first tracks and all) and they are usually pretty cool to chat with and open to discussion.  So just keep your ears open and Im sure someone one here has got to be a groomer or friends with one at least

Cheers

From what I know in my area it is the same as what Brad explained above.

I think that some experience with driving heavy machinery woudl help, but if you show you are interested that would be the first step and ask them what they would require from you.

I can’t remember where I read this, but I am fairly certain they look for people with experience in driving machinery as snowslider mentioned. I am fairly sure you also require a licence of some sort. I think the best thing to do is get in touch with the employment department of the resorts you want to work at, and find out exactly what is required and what they look for. That way you can start preparing if you are serious about grooming.