The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

7pm Project

What is everyones thoughts on the new channel 10 show - The 7pm Project..

GOOD.. BAD.. AVERAGE..

Haven’t watched it yet. Do you recommend it?

It was alright.. I was expecting it to be way better than it was.. shitty camera work.. Maybe tomorrow night will be better.. 1st night jitters.

I’m actually going to be in the audience tonight.

I only saw the first segment of it last night, but it looked ok. As L.B. said, hopefully it will get better once they settle in a bit.

Tills - 21 July 2009 12:10 AM

I’m actually going to be in the audience tonight.

I only saw the first segment of it last night, but it looked ok. As L.B. said, hopefully it will get better once they settle in a bit.

How was it being in the audience?

I couldn’t recommend it to be honest.

I do like the show, and I hope it goes well, but for the time being I wouldn’t recommend being in the audience.

The reason being, is that the set wasn’t originally designed to host an audience, so we had to stand on the floor wherever there was room for the duration of the show.

That wouldn’t be so bad, but also because of the way the set was designed, we couldn’t actually see the cast. There was a wooden wall between us and them and the only way we could watch the show was to look at the TV screens they had set up behind the set.

So really we were just there to provide crowd noise i.e clapping and laughing.

Apparently they’re going to be changing the set to accommodate an an audience though. With seating etc.

I think it would be pretty good then.

Read on news.com.au, the 7pm project is looking “shaky”..

The 7PM Project, headed by Dave Hughes and Carrie Bickmore, attracted a healthy 1.2 million viewers on Monday night but dropped sharply.
Related Coverage

On Wednesday it averaged a disappointing 874,000 viewers - a fall of almost a third from its debut and way behind Seven’s Home And Away (1.28 million) and repeats of Two and a Half Men (1.2 million).

It is also well short of MasterChef’s two million viewers in the same slot last week.

Ten CEO Grant Blackley had acknowledged The 7PM Project was a big risk for the network, but Ten insisted it was sticking with the show and said the early weeks of MasterChef were also up and down.

“We don’t think it will do MasterChef Australia figures,” Ten’s program chief, David Mott, said. “It will take time.”