The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

YES snowboard question?

To those of you riding a YES board (maybe finney and krick), how stiff are the optimistic and typo? I’m thinking of getting a YES board for next year either the Basic or Pick Your Line. I want something a little softer than my T.Rice. T.Rice is a great board just find it a little too stiff. I’m guessing the Basic will quite a bit softer than the T.Rice while the Pick Your Line will just be little softer but still soft enough at the tip and tail (thinkin of 155 basic or 156 PYL).

My typo was originally reasonably stiff but after using it every day this season it’s definitely got a lot more flex in it.

Next time you’re up in whistler give me a yell and come and have a look/ride of it so you can see exactly how much flex the typo has once it’s seen a lot of use.

Sure finney, I’m goin up this saturday (freakin greyhound still lingers in my head haha). You’ll be workin at Red? How should I get to you?

I’ll be working red as usual.. can’t answer my mobile at work but if you see me working just say hi. If I’m at the top I’ll have some time to have a bit of a chat as compared to if I’m at the bottom where I really don’t have any time on my hands.

Hmm, will you be the only one working there? What do you look like fin haha and how can I try the board if there’s lots of people waiting in the lift lines?

Hey finney, I might hit up blackcomb instead tomorrow. I’ll come by some other time =)

good work

The whole cam rock set up with the YES boards looks like an awesome set up. Still good edge to edge response and grip, can’t wait to get my hands on a tasmaniac.

Good work to Signal and Capita for making boards with that set up also. Snowboarding is at an amazing point right now and the money going in to the shops to support the brands and fund the product research is what us riders benefit greatly from.

YEW.