The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Beginner/Intemediate Women’s Twin Tip Recs?

C J Parker - 05 March 2011 12:13 PM

^ Wow someone that sticks by cambered boards, so rare to find since the rocker side of boards made an impact.

It is true that if you want to ride properly, ride camber. Most pros ride camber and most companies are still manufacturing a good amount of cambered boards cause they are dope.

Can you please tell me where this ‘good amount’ of cambered boards is? Because I’m struggling to find something to replace my 08 Travis Rice, which just happens to be one of the snappiest, poppiest boards ever made. Now that Lib don’t do camber, I don’t know what to replace it with. Tried the YES Tadashi, but it doesn’t pop like a Lib. Am now thinking about an Endeavor High 5…

Maybe a Ride Enn Zed? The Society (I think it will be the Arcade next season) is still cambered and I heard it’s one of the poppiest board, also the DH.

Yeah, but my big problem is that I can’t support a toaster company.

Ride -> owned by K2 -> owned by Jarden, who also own Sunbeam.

A silly little rule, but if I can, I want to support someone who’s close to ‘rider owned’. Makes it hard, as Lib is now owned by Quik, YES is Nidecker, and I’m not a huge Burton or Rome fan. Cuts my choices down bigtime.

Apparently the Atomic Alibi or Hatchet are great boards (before they screwed them by changing to hybrid rocker) but again, ski company!

Hah, Chamberlain’s riding and mine are totally different, so I’m not sold on that. The expat sounds interesting (because I am one!) except for that god-awful stars & stripes graphic. The Wittlake might be interesting though…

1 of my friends has a K2 Fling and loves it. (true twin, medium flex, reg camber - could be flat zero camber for next year’s model)
Not sure about length for your weight/height 146/149 maybe? depending on what conditions you ride most.

@Rider26
I always thought the LTR boards were twins, which is why they are so good for beginners, as they never really know if they are regular or goofy yet.
I know Burton also make Cruzers which are directional.

Hmmm, how bout Compatriot, Weekend, or Endeavor (as you mentioned) Enn?

Enn Zed, I think Capita still make a few cambered boards: The Quiver Killer, Stairmaster, Indoorsurvival (comes in both camber and flatkick), MidLife, Green Machine (comes in both), Black Snowboard Of Death (both)

Enn Zed - 08 March 2011 12:00 PM
C J Parker - 05 March 2011 12:13 PM

^ Wow someone that sticks by cambered boards, so rare to find since the rocker side of boards made an impact.

It is true that if you want to ride properly, ride camber. Most pros ride camber and most companies are still manufacturing a good amount of cambered boards cause they are dope.

Can you please tell me where this ‘good amount’ of cambered boards is? Because I’m struggling to find something to replace my 08 Travis Rice, which just happens to be one of the snappiest, poppiest boards ever made. Now that Lib don’t do camber, I don’t know what to replace it with. Tried the YES Tadashi, but it doesn’t pop like a Lib. Am now thinking about an Endeavor High 5…

Nitro make some good cambered board. The misfit is a monster with pop bands and a fairly agressive side cut. Capita make some good boards but the majority are fairly soft. But none the less are really nice boards to ride. The YES Tadashi is a softer camber board, try the great woman or tasmaniac which is a limited edition southern hemisphere board.

I still think that the nitro boards might be one you should look to at least demo and see how you like it.

I’ve thought about Nitro, they’re just hard to demo, that’s all.

The YES great beauties is not cambered, it’s camrock. I now live in North America so the Tasmaniac will be hard to come by. Thanks for the heads up though.

Back from Tremblant - gosh. Spring boarding/skiing in Eastern Canada is much different than I expected it to be. I think I thought it was going to be something akin to Colorado, Utah or Idaho.

Anyways.

I ended up with a Blender 148.
I came across a new one and new EST bindings for less than the cost of a Lily.

It is such a fun board! Spent most of the time riding regular but the times I wanted to go switch, it was like butter. However, still primarily rode regular with it. I found the ESTs quite responsive and really liked how it’s possible to change the rotation of the highbacks.  (That all being said, I still like my Relay Rings and it was unfortunate that they don’t have conversion disks.) My second time out with the Blender, I started working with some toe and heel presses after playing with some small jumps on day one with it.

I brought my Morrow up as well, just in case conditions got a little (d)icy and I found that after 1.5 days on the Blender, my riding on the Morrow was even more solid, and tighter carves and I can certainly see the benefits of a directional all mountain board especially icy slush covered by a 3” layer of sticky snow (was having a heck of a time getting speed on the Blender once the rain started coming down on day two).

It was great that with the weather all over the place, I had the chance to play with both boards in very different conditions.

V. Happy with the Blender.
Thanks again all for your recs and thoughts!

Hey Hux79,

Great to hear you had such a fun time on the Blender. I’m yet to meet a girl who doesn’t like riding it. Thanks for letting us know how the trip went and for your feedback on the Blender. smile