The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Women’s bindings

Howdy all!
Looking for a new set of unisex or women’s bindings for my new b-pro… Have Burton escapades on my mix and I love them - but open to other suggestions! I’ve got a big foot! (women’s size 10)

Hey There,

Bindings are one of the most important parts of my snowboarding setup. I like to have something super responsive thats why i’ve ridden ‘Flux’ for the past 5 years now. I only have 7.5 boots so i know they are good for me because of that size.

Shelly Gotlieb is one of the tallest pro girl riders i know and she’s sponsored by ‘burton’. There range is always a solid choice for bigger feet and wide boards for girls who need thats extra bit of length.

Hope this helps you out a little bit, but for more info go to the snow homepage and look in the product section for a more in depth look.

Lauren

L.B. - 27 February 2011 01:40 AM

Bindings are one of the most important parts of my snowboarding setup. I like to have something super responsive

Agreed! Thanks heaps, I’ll go have a look at the product section now! smile

I’m a big fan of Burton bindings. If you want to try something different, Flux and Union also make great bindings. Of course there’s other leading brands too; Rome, Ride etc. Unfortunately I’ve never tried any women’s bindings so I can’t give you feedback. cool smile

rider26 - 27 February 2011 02:33 AM

Unfortunately I’ve never tried any women’s bindings so I can’t give you feedback. cool smile

Though the way Mizu has been lately, he can probably help you out wink

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 27 February 2011 02:36 AM
rider26 - 27 February 2011 02:33 AM

Unfortunately I’ve never tried any women’s bindings so I can’t give you feedback. cool smile

Though the way Mizu has been lately, he can probably help you out wink

Hahaha ok, I’ll ask him… I wonder if he’s kept that dress for the shred?!  tongue wink

Hey,

Ive been riding Burton escapades for the last 3 seasons. they are great, and i have them on my skate banana (similar to your board). However, because of your foot size, i would recommend the Salomon Absolute Premiums as the heel cup is wider. They ride almost the same, and have a convertible toe strap and are super comfy as well.
Just make sure before you purchase a pair of bindings that your boots fit into them properly, and get the shop staff to mount them on your board correctly.

Hope this will help. Let me know if you have other questions smile