The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Which goggles?

Hey guys I am looking to buy new goggles. The ones I have been looking at are the smith I/O, Spy trevor, Oakley A frame and Spy zed. Has anyone had these goggles? Does anyone know of some other goggles to look at? I am also looking for some advice on buying some good gloves. These are about the only items I still need to get for next season. Thanks in advance

^ Thats it Thats All…

and you have buttloads of options compared to me who wears prescription glasses :(

Von zippers another good one. My spherical feenom have served me very well!

I just got a pair of Dragon DX’s and they are sick!

Just as long as you stick to the brands above and pay >$75 for goggles, they will be good. Don’t buy Scott goggles, shops will try to sell them to you and every pair that my friends have been suckered into (while not consulting the guy who owns 6 snowboards) have all fogged up after 1 days and been absolutely useless.

Electric EG2. Widest vision (for this year at least) and looks sick!

All the brands you listed make excellent goggles. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of them. If you can, I would probably go for a goggle with a spherical lens rather than a curved lens; a spherical lens mirrors the shape of the lens in your eye, hence giving you better vision).

All the top brands make quality goggles. The best goggle is the one that feels the most comfortable on your face with no gaps or pressure. Each face is different; some are wide, some are narrow, some are big, some are small etc. Try on as many goggles as you can until you find one that fits your face perfectly.

Another one to look at is the Dragon Rogue, they are my personal favourite goggle on the market. Spherical lens, great fit my my face, lots of lens options, and they look unreal!

In regards to gloves, get GORE-TEX! Anything else is inferior. cool smile

I’ve been a fan of Electric for a while. I have a pair of the EG1S’s (Spherical) which are a great mid-priced goggle. Simple styling with good lense options. I also have a pair of EG2’s which I’ve run for the past 3 seasons now and love them. Crystal-clear vision - I have both an orange lense for flat light and night riding (I mostly ride at night nowadays) and an ‘orange chrome’ as an all-rounder lense. The orange chrome is a decent inbetweener, but I’ve been wanting something darker for the full-on bluebird days (crows feet are soooooooooo 1970’s). My only other gripe about the EG2’s is that they don’t quite fit my face right. They’re 99% good, but I get small gaps every so often. This is not so great for pow days and those nights when it’s -20 without the windchill (I ride in Montreal, Canada). Of course, this isn’t a fault of the goggle, but just reinforces the fact that you should get a pair that fit your face.

Luckily, the little lady picked me up a pair of Rogues on Whiskeymilitia for super cheap. Haven’t tried them yet, but am looking forward to it.

As for gloves, I’ll go one further than rider26 and say Gore-Tex with Leather palms and fingers. Full leather if you can.

Luckily, the little lady picked me up a pair of Rogues on Whiskeymilitia for super cheap. Haven’t tried them yet, but am looking forward to it.

I love Whiskey Militia but feel a bit bad not supporting the local stores. How can you turn down $50 for a pair of goggles that retail for $150+ in Australia :(

the new 2012 hubble goggles look epic

tjswish - 22 February 2011 05:45 AM

I love Whiskey Militia but feel a bit bad not supporting the local stores. How can you turn down $50 for a pair of goggles that retail for $150+ in Australia :(

It’s a balance. I’m in Canada & my local shred shop (that I bought a LOT of stuff at) went outta business about 9 months ago. I haven’t found another one downtown that actually serves people and where the staff know what they’re talking about. Until I do, it’s Whiskeytime!

However, I do support core shops where I can, as evidenced by my full retail (shock horror!) purchase of a YES in Utah last month.

I’ve got the Smith IO’s, have had them since 08/09 season and they’re still going strong. Good bang for buck given that you get 2 lenses with them.

Pow gloves are pretty good, got a pair in aus and they have worn pretty well although not gore tex. I recall heard/reading somewhere that they’ll have goretex next year so they could be worth looking into.

The Dakine Bronco GTs are great. I’d also highly recommend the Burton AK Clutch glove. The Burton Gore glove is also good and cheaper than the AK Clutch.

I got the Dakine Bronco gloves today. Thanks for the advice on those. But I cannot make my mind up on the goggles. I guess I have a fair amount of time to think about it anyway. . . around four months

dragon rogues are treating me very well this year. Anon Figments do a great job too

You guys have sold the rogues to me. I will be getting them. I will probs get a lens for low light as well thanks for the help. I hope these are as good for me as they have been for you guys

These are the goggles and gloves I got

Thanks for all the help, I may be back for more. . .