The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Damnit

Turns out, broke my right ankle last night playing indoor soccer. What a balls up. Pre-season training was due to start on Monday. Thankfully my next trip to the snow won’t be affected! raspberry That won’t be until the end of the year.

Sorry to hear it mate.  hmmm

Two of my worst recent injuries were from indoor soccer. It got to the point where I had to make the decision to stop playing, just because I didn’t want to risk missing out on surfing or snowboarding because of some idiot on the other team likes hacking at my ankles.

Anyway, at least you’re not going to miss out on any shredding!  grin

This is the first real injury I’ve sustained from indoor soccer. The sports centre I play at is pretty good at keeping a lid on that sort of thing, and this was a result of a bad landing, not some hack. That sort of stuff usually happens during the main season.

Also glad I won’t be missing out on some shredding!

rider26 - 04 February 2011 07:04 PM

Sorry to hear it mate.  hmmm

Two of my worst recent injuries were from indoor soccer. It got to the point where I had to make the decision to stop playing, just because I didn’t want to risk missing out on surfing or snowboarding because of some idiot on the other team likes hacking at my ankles.

Anyway, at least you’re not going to miss out on any shredding!  grin

Same reason I quit my carrer in Rugby League after making the Jersey Fleg 1st’s at Wests.

Worst injury I had at indoor soccer was a direct hit by the ball while spread legged - ever been branded in the nuts by an over sized tennis ball?

That sux Brandy! And right a the beginning of your season! I hope you have a speedy recovery.

oh no devastation…

I play indoor soccer aswell and have injured my ankle, but when it was healed i got back into it. Such a fun game grin

spaz - 05 February 2011 02:18 AM

Worst injury I had at indoor soccer was a direct hit by the ball while spread legged - ever been branded in the nuts by an over sized tennis ball?

That made me laugh so hard, Michelle paused the TV to find out what was going on.  LOL

Good news. Speedy recovery on the way. Cast is off already, and hopefully I’ll be running again in a week or so.

The bone I broke isn’t a weightbearing bone, so recovery time is significantly shorter than what it would otherwise have been. I’m almost off crutches as well, so next week I’ll be walking under my own steam!

Spaz - We were playing Futsal, so the balls are basically small and heavy soccer balls, not the oversized tennis balls that are usually used in social sports. But yes, I feel your pain there. In one of the social teams I used to play on I copped one oversized tennis ball right in the nads. Thankfully, I managed to get enough of my leg in the way to substantially reduce the amount of energy transferred to my balls, and could walk afterwards, just.

Hahaha, on ya spaz !!! I thought getting the ‘snip’ was the worst !!!!!!

Good to hear you’re on the road to recovery.  grin

Did any of you guys play brandings at school? I copped one square in the nuts at point blank range, by a guy who plays rep cricket and throws a ball like a rocket.  sick

I loved brandings. Bullrush was also a favorite.

Brandings is now outlawed at school (I think). I see plenty of kids play it on the beach using wet sand as the ball - needless to say, resulting in tears and angry parents.

I often ended the game of brandings due to great motor skills, a terrifically powerful and accurate throw and my competitive nature - most of the kids would bow out because of the bruisings. It may be the reason I had to play cricket.
^another ADHD problem, the hyperactive element, I never knew my own strength.

Brandings and Bullrush were both banned when I was in school