The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Recommendations for the next (only) board

I’ve got both the 08/09 Betas and the 10/11 Deltas, Betas definitely have a much stiffer highback from what I’ve noticed. Betas are no longer available as far as I’m aware, I believe the Delta has replaced them as of this year? someone may need to correct me on this.

I’ve just switched back to my Betas from the Deltas in the past week and don’t see myself using the Deltas anymore, not too sure what I’ll do with them.. may sell them since I don’t really need them anymore, unless I throw them on my old K2 WWW which previously had the Betas on it. If you want to try out the Deltas Krick just let me know and if you’re happy with them I’m sure we can sort something out.

Trav Laird - 30 January 2011 10:08 PM

Ride Beta Movement series, Ride Delta Movements or Union Force… that’s my vote.
Been riding ride bindings for about 10 years now and nothing but love for them.

Trav, Always great to see peeps like yourself from the industry getting involved in a community like boardworld.
It opened my eyes to Every Third Thursday and the awesome concepts like the lego city board.
Thanks for your input on bindings - I’ll be sure to check them out.

finney - 31 January 2011 02:02 AM

.... If you want to try out the Deltas Krick just let me know. ....

Nice one Finney. I’d love to give the Deltas a go.
Should meet up with you soon.

No worries and thanks for the kind words.

Finney - Sorry I meant ALPHA not BETA….

Here’s the DELTA’s….

??

they used to have BETA’s as part of the movement series….

Mizu Kuma - 31 January 2011 09:21 AM

The Greek alphabet Alpha, Beta, Gamma…........... ‘Playin Gamma’s = Playin Games’ Work with me here man!!!!!!

Just my attempt at humour Trav!!!!!! Weird as it is!!!!! please forgive me!!!!!  shut eye

Mizu attempting humour well I never wink

Or just an attempt to increase your post cool smirk

Mizu Kuma - 31 January 2011 10:35 AM
C J Parker - 31 January 2011 10:29 AM

The Greek alphabet Alpha, Beta, Gamma…........... ‘Playin Gamma’s = Playin Games’ Work with me here man!!!!!!

Just my attempt at humour Trav!!!!!! Weird as it is!!!!! please forgive me!!!!!  shut eye

I knew that you’d understand me CJ!!!!! Or at least I might have dreamt that ya did!!!!!

Wouldn’t be the first time you dreamt of me would it??? ohh

Mizu Kuma - 31 January 2011 10:25 PM
C J Parker - 31 January 2011 09:31 PM
Mizu Kuma - 31 January 2011 10:35 AM
C J Parker - 31 January 2011 10:29 AM

I knew that you’d understand me CJ!!!!! Or at least I might have dreamt that ya did!!!!!

Wouldn’t be the first time you dreamt of me would it??? ohh

What can I say!!!!  My favourite colour is red!!!!  confused

What am I trying to get in red?

Are we even talking about snowboards anymore???

I don’t think they’re talking about snowboards, Krick.  wink

Mizu Kuma - 01 February 2011 01:31 AM

red face Sorry Krick!!!!!

Ha. Just amused at how easy you guys strung that along for so long.

Update is that I have picked up some Cartels anyway.
Not the schmick new 2011 model but new enough to be worth a go.
Should hold me over for a bit.

Would still like to check out the Ride’s as well - willing to risk being the curiosity-killed-cat.

Well, the board has only been ridden in Whistler so far but the conditions have been “kind enough” (?) to mimic Australian conditions very well for some of that.

It is rare to research, get opinions, pour over specs and check reviews THEN still be impressed with the final product.
I am still blown away by the specs of this board, almost every ride!
Because it has been built to be “All Mountain” it is not the most flexible or forgiving park board, or the firmest directional carve board.
IT IS more than capable of handling it all and I’d suggest it’s 80-90% as good as the ‘dedicated’ boards at each extreme.
I am so impressed.

Before I rave on too much, I’ll stop there but let me know if you want to know more…

Sweet you’re so stoked with the board dude.

Mizu Kuma - 01 February 2011 05:31 AM
Krick - 01 February 2011 04:22 AM
Mizu Kuma - 01 February 2011 01:31 AM

red face Sorry Krick!!!!!

Ha. Just amused at how easy you guys strung that along for so long.

CJ and I just seem to BOUNCE of each other!!!!! Might have somethin to do with the Silicone Implants I reckon????

BOING BOING BOING. Mesmerising isn’t it. wink