The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

A board for the beginner

Hey everyone!

I’m looking at buying a new board (price is no major issue). I’m still a beginner, but would like to have a board that will last me through to the intermediate stage. As I’m learning still, I need a board that will be extremely forgiving. I eventually want to learn how to do butters, and to do small rails and jump off small/medium kickers.
I weigh 90 kg, and am nearly 180cm.
I was thinking maybe the forum youngblood chillydog, forum manual, dc tone, k2 www, ride crush, rome garage rocker or k2 anagram.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I would look at the Burton Clash. Personally I consider it one of the best beginner/intermediate boards on the market. LINK.

rider26 - 27 January 2011 05:44 PM

I would look at the Burton Clash. Personally I consider it one of the best beginner/intermediate boards on the market. LINK.

If I were to get this, could I use normal bindings or would I have to get EST’s? Also, any thoughts on the Forum Youngblood Chillydog?
I’ve heard good things about both of these boards. smile

Pretty sure the Burton Clash doesn’t have the EST binding set up, which makes it a bit more versatile when it comes to binding choice.

The Clash uses the regular 3D hole pattern. You can use any disc binding from any brand, as long as it has regular sized baseplates.

The Clash is a better beginner board than the Youngblood Chillidog, mainly because it’s softer and directional. The Youngblood Chillidog is essentially a twin park board, probably the better all-round board, and it would still be fine for a beginner to learn on. You can’t go wrong with either.

Thanks so much for your help guys! Really appreciate it.