The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

VIO POV.HD is announced

Due to arrive on 15th November.

It’s not exactly what they were aiming at, I guess the GFC held the development back.

I was trying to get my site updated to coincide with this news but it’s a few days off yet.

Here’s a sneak peak. More info coming….
Photobucket

priced: $795 rrp
pre orders only.

Widest HD FOV on the market. 142?@1080p (not upscaled from 960-it’s a true 1920X1080 CMOS sensor the only 1080p headcam on earth)
6 element GLASS lens!!!
4.5 hrs HD recording time (32GB SDHC)
5hr battery life (Li Io AA)

Recorder 328g (with batteries)
Camera 58g
Remote 24g

Military grade specs.
IP67 Water/Dust proof & shock resistant.

Photobucket

That one looks really good. A bit too expensive compared to the gopro though.

At 142? it doesn’t seem to be as wide as the gopro either, which I think is 170 ° (only at 720p I think)?? Or is this cam wider at 720p too?

Edit: just checked, apparently this one is only 95 deg at 720p…

Dan83 - 23 January 2011 08:54 AM

That one looks really good. A bit too expensive compared to the gopro though.

At 142? it doesn’t seem to be as wide as the gopro either, which I think is 170 ° (only at 720p I think)?? Or is this cam wider at 720p too?

Edit: just checked, apparently this one is only 95 deg at 720p…

The GoPro is only 170? wide at 720p, not 1080p. At 1080p it’s only about 120? if I remember correctly.

The camera looks unreal, spaz!  cool grin

Yeah pretty sure you are spot on.

For me, you can’t go past the gopro’s 720p at 60fps and 170 deg. The footage looks awesome! But then I haven’t seen the above cam in action yet.

I’m still waiting for my 10 POV.HD to arrive from VIO. They held up the production so it would come with an even better and newer CMOS than the one that was designed for it.

Here is some video using POV.HD

Video looks great.

Is Dan correct about the 95 degrees at 720p?

And some dirt

rider26 - 24 January 2011 10:37 PM

Video looks great.

Is Dan correct about the 95 degrees at 720p?

Yes, set up this way for correct data handling at 60fps - 15mbit/s and 4.5 hr recording on either mode.

1080p at 30fps?

Would be sick if you could get a small fisheye attachment.  tongue wink

Really? The headcam manufacturers try very hard to correct fisheye on the lenses they have.

If a wider lens is necessary, when I get my HD cameras I’ll have a look to see if the lens is a standard fitting.

Aftermarket lenses are available for analog cams because almost every cam until a few years ago was built with security cameras which where all built by Sony.

So… if the fitting is good I can change the lens. I haven’t even tried on the POV.1.5.

1080@30 - yes