The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Crunchie vs Violet Crumble - thoughts?

How about a Monday Fun One?

It was about this time last year that this debate really heated up as we headed down to the Snowies. Many a taste test was conducted but nothing conclusive came through.

What do you think?

Hmmmm I never really thought about this one before, but I have always been a Crunchie man. I think further testing on my part is needed…

Crumble, because chocolate needs to be done violently..

Can we throw another question into the mix..?

Mars Bar or Snickers?

I’ve always gone for Snickers… really satisfies.

Crumble - coz it’s the way it shatters that matters?

I generally lean towards the Crunchie, but every now and then that hard side really gets me down. I don’t mind VC but the chocolate is a bit gross. Dilemma!

Mars vs Snickers - I like it. I usually go Mars because of the smoothness.

That’s weird… I like Snickers because of the crunchyness. The peanuts make it soooo good.

I prefer the chocolate on the Crumble, but the guts of the Crunchie.

Do you think they could join forces and make a Violet Crunchie for Azz?

R26, Mars a day helps you work, rest and play wink

But Snickers really satisfies… I think I prefer satisfaction over assistance to work, rest and play… I might have to think about this a bit more.

Does anyone else eat all the chocolate around the Crunchie first, then eat the middle?

LB…....mars or snickers?

Have to say I’ve always been a Twix man myself but for the sake of friendly discussion I’ve gotta say I’m a Crumble and Snickers man.

Really helps out when you need SOME NUTS!

Crunchie coz the guts of it is better, and Snickers coz of the crunchy nuts.

Crunchie deff, but id prefer snickers over all.

antt321 - 08 July 2009 02:32 AM

Crunchie deff, but id prefer snickers over all.

Yeah, Snickers takes it…

mmm for the “classic” chocbars mars is up there as far as every now and then…not a huge fan of chocolate too often tbh…

but as far as newer bars go, i can’t really go past a boost bar…anyone else feel this way?

oh and on the original debate some of the fondest memories of childhood birthday parties involved copious numbers of funsize violet crumble…so I would have to say vc wins in my book more for nostalgic reasons than anything even though I don’t really eat either any more…

Anything DARK chocolate.
These 2 candy bars arent sold in the US…
But I’m a lover of candy.
Anyone want to try and mail me one of each so I can intelligently contribute to this conversation?

I love me some candy.

Any takers?
I can mail something we have here in the states as a return - this could be fun!

snowslider - 08 July 2009 02:02 PM

Anything DARK chocolate.
These 2 candy bars arent sold in the US…
But I’m a lover of candy.
Anyone want to try and mail me one of each so I can intelligently contribute to this conversation?

I love me some candy.

Any takers?
I can mail something we have here in the states as a return - this could be fun!

mMmmm yumm baby ruth chocolate.. best [= and hersheys chocolate milk bar