The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Brisbane Floods

Not sure if you guys in the NoHo are getting the news, you should check out news.com.au or pretty much any Aussie news provider and check out whats happening in South East Queensland.

They are getting a flogging up there, poor buggers.

At the moment it is headline news on the BBC and NBC websites, I’m assuming it is elsewhere as well. And as far as I have been able to ascertain, the worst is yet to come with heavy rains expected as far South as Launceston. However, South Queensland and Northern New South Wales are expected to be the worst hit.

10 mins of the news here in Sweden last night was dedicated to the floods….its kind of hard to get the real picture though, they tend to exaggerate (ie every bushfire season they say Australia is in flames).

It’s absolutely crazy what’s going on, such a huge disaster. Azz, that video is nuts, but I’m guessing worse is happening. I heard 90 people were missing. Any word on that?

Does anyone know if the Gold Coast is under threat at all? My mum and grandma flew out yesterday and they were both so nervous about going.

A few of our friends have lost their homes to the floods. Thank goodness that was it though.
There are some really sad stories at the moment with the floods. The father saving the kids before he and his wife got swept away is heart wrenching. Amazing father though.

To the driver of the tug boat “well freaking done” guiding that 200m long walk way that weighs 300t though the supports one of the main bridges in Brissy….

No one ask him do it, he just heard about it, jump in his boat and done it….. LEGEND!!!

Yeah, that dude is rocking, heard him on the radio today, that guy is a Grouse Aussie Hero.
He should be getting an award

^^^ true that im flying up to brisbane now to buy him a XXXX…....

Donate to the Flood Relief Appeal: http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Just hope that the insurance companies do the right thing and not make it all another nightmare for em all!!!!

They’d better. The government’s already helping them out with money and emergency housing, but there’s just too many people.

Chemical Storm is a snowboard/skateboarding company based in Brisbane. We were lucky to escape the impact of the floods but have friends who were badly affected by it. However, there has been so much community support and care for each other that it has been unbelievable. I was born here and never have I seen such support for each other. I am so proud to call ‘Brissy’ home.

Chemical Storm will be holding various events throught the year to continue to raise funds for local communities that have been affected by the floods. One such event will be a skateboarding event on the 19th of April in which Boarworld is a major sponsor. Proceeds from that day will go to the Goodna Youth Services to assist in their youth outreach programs. Goodna was one of the worse hit suburbs by the floods. There is a strong skateboarding community (Springfield/Redbank) out there who have supported us since the beginning. I am committed to hold a great skateboarding event with the aim of bringing back some fun for our loyal supporters.

Also thanks to all who supported the flood relief fund:

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

The sun is shining bright in Queensland! smile