The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Monday 6th. Dec - This weeks Line Up.

So who’s paddling out, sliding down or dropping in this week?

Haven’t heard from Azz since he got home from the bucks party… question

I’M BACK!!!!!

Did you miss me?  cheese

Awesome weekend, go karting, drinking, drinking, walking around the city, drinking and more drinking.
Do not have clue how many bars we hit up on Saturday / Sunday morning.

Was a little sketchy yesterday, glad I caught the train rather than drive, I would be still coming home.

Now its back to the grind, the job list is getting smaller and I can see the end of the tunnel.

Sounds like a great time, Azz. Nice one!

On Sunday Michelle and I are leaving for Miami and The Bahamas (not sure if I have mentioned this previously). We have four awesome days planned in Miami, including two Miami Heat home games. We then head over to Freeport for three and a bit weeks of fishing, wakeboarding, sailing, chilling, and drinking with Michelle’s family over Christmas and New Years. Should be awesome!
grin

Hey Everyone!
Geez i got a bit to catch up on from last monday!
Was away on rafting camp with 20 year 9 girls last week and 8 staff. Awesome week on the river. Only slight down to the trip is when we had to change from two man rafts to big 6man rafts because the river was too high and challenging for the kids. So me and 2 other staff had to do 3 epic hikes out of the gorge carying a 30+kg raft on our backs each time. Was bout a 1km hike. but steepest slope if ever walked up.

On the weekend i decided to not go on a personal kayaking trip as i was too stuffed. Having a few nights a the pub sounded better, and also i went along to my cousins debut amature muay thai kickboxing match which was awesome. saw a bout 12 fights of boxing, kickboxing, muay thai and MMA

So whats news here in the real world?

POTD
Jackson Forbes.
Photo by me

Photobucket

Sick shot spaz cool smile

Can you spill the techo info for us please?

camera, lense, iso, SS & f

We may or may not have just swapped one of our children for one of these….........

We didn’t really swap a child, just told all of them that they will only be eating cat food for a few years cheese

I’m guessing your Princess wasn’t there when you let that news out!

Mmmmm lens envy…..

All these shots taken on Nikon D70 RAW, ISO250, f/1:8, 1/1000
Analog Sigma Lens 600mm mirrored macro. Manual focus. (Effectively I think it’s about 1300mm)
Today, midday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I spent this evening processing them and they are looking better than how they are above.

All up I took about 35 shots - 7 came up trumps. 12 were trash. And the others, m’eh!

See the dust spot on the last photo, that’s on every one!

Thanks spaz !!!

spaz - 06 December 2010 07:56 AM

POTD
Jackson Forbes.
Photo by me

Photobucket

SICK!  cool smirk

Mizu Kuma - 07 December 2010 02:24 AM

Nice pics!!!! Where was it at spaz??? Had a nice shape to it!!!!!

North of Wollongong, sand/reef, near an ocean pool. wink

It sure has a very nice shape! it’s an awesome break and only a handfull of guys on it yesterday. It doesn’t break all year and will get very crowded as word gets out that it’s on.

I’ve seen it published as one of the best waves in NSW.

It also gets very shallow, breaks boards and people and can be a death trap with the currents and collapsing sand banks.

Here is the second shot (from earlier post) of Zen deep in the barrel.
Photobucket

Sweeeeeet.  cool smirk

RIDER!!!!!

I can only post photo’s in the social thread (this one). Everywhere else it says the photo has been removed or moved from photobucket - which it hasn’t because they are obviously here. We can all see them.

Zen setting up for the tube dude! pre runner to other two barrel shots - same wave.
Photobucket

We’re looking into it, spaz. I’ll let you know.