The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Union Contact Pro

Anyone fondled these?
Thoughts on how they differ from Forces?
I am feeling gear lust for them because they are endorsed by Gigi, but that’s all.

The whole design purpose for the CONTACT bindings is to minimise contact between board and binding. It has 19% contact between board and binding allowing awesome board flex. Making it very suitable for rocker/reverse camber boards.

The Contact Pro is more teched up than the standard and lighter, offering good response out of a softer and lighter binding. Depending on the style of riding you are planning on doing is the whole difference with the union range. The force is the good all rounder the contact works for the more chilled riding. Just remember kids forward lean for the more aggressive style of riding can make the difference.

I just bought some contacts for my little stick so i have a soft fun set up.

oops, I’m over my union lust. The new cartel re:flex have my eye now.

what can I say? I’m fickle

If I remember correctly the cartel reflex also has an auto cant footbed. Which is a softer foam on the inner side so when your riding you are putting less pressure on your knees and more into you riding.
Union bindings are really good so don’t count them out yet. The one thing I didn’t like about the cartels is the fact that they are super stiff in the high back. I am a shorty though so that is a main contributing factor. Dug into my calves really bad.

this year’s cartels have a softer highback

I still found the cartel high back unpleasant. Did I mention I am a short ass.

The flux are super hot. Looking at getting the RK30 which is uber rad and the SR15 which just makes me feel all japanese again.

Oh the product out there just makes me oh so happy.

you used to be japanese?

Usually when I am about to sneeze it makes look so japanese.

CJ, any chance of a pics of you about to sneeze?

This intrigues me wink

Mizu Kuma - 20 November 2010 01:37 AM

I managed to snap this pic of CJ right after he got out of his red swimsuit!!!!

Lucky I only had one nostril plugged up or I might of look terribly stupid with them both plugged.
Mizu have you started to stalk me now that is only a recent picture???

Mizu Kuma - 21 November 2010 06:40 AM
C J Parker - 21 November 2010 06:31 AM

Lucky I only had one nostril plugged up or I might of look terribly stupid with them both plugged.

Um, Um….............. NO I AM NOT!!!!! I just happened to be at that all girls school that day, because I was applyin for the position as the Janitor!!!

“JANITOR” right I heard that one before. Any other pictures you need to let us know about like me blowing my nose???

Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2010 08:24 AM
Mizu Kuma - 23 November 2010 08:23 AM
C J Parker - 22 November 2010 10:56 AM
Mizu Kuma - 21 November 2010 06:40 AM
C J Parker - 21 November 2010 06:31 AM

Um, Um….............. NO I AM NOT!!!!! I just happened to be at that all girls school that day, because I was applyin for the position as the Janitor!!!

“JANITOR” right I heard that one before. Any other pictures you need to let us know about like me blowing my nose???

I don’t just go showin anyone my ‘private collection’ you know!!!!  rolleyes

I’m even startin to creep myself out now!!!!  grrr

Well that sums that all up.

Anyone still interested in the union contact pro thread he he.