The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lib Tech: New technology now available

PRESS RELEASE:

New Technology Available Now!

The Lib Tech experiMENTAL division continues to attack conventional snowboard design stagnation with innovation and fun. The Lib Tech Attack Banana is the latest evolution of revolutionary industry changing Banana Technology (rocker between your feet) and “Innovation of the Year winning” C2 Banana Camber combo. The Attack Banana features Steven Cobb’s EC2 elliptical camber banana combo. 

Why would you want this? Because it mindlessly rips all terrain and snow conditions in both directions from your centered freestyle stance. The elliptical camber creates a unique “pressure map” and performance characteristics that are halfway between the original Banana and the aggressive C2 Power Banana geometry that Travis Rice likes so much.

This board is the perfect design compromise that will leave you anything but compromised when it comes to all terrain freestyle performance. Floats in powder, carves the hardpack, rips the ice, jibs like whatever will not let you down when things get gnarly. Tested around the world from Mt. Baker to Summit Central. The early release model is an instant quiver killing factory favorite. 

Art is Mike Parrillo’s “Tetons” oil painting (his first oil painting ever) originally used in the early nineties as an Emmagator graphic and now re-arranged by Lib graphic designer Annette Veihelmann. The original painting hangs at Asymbol in Jackson, Wyoming. Five beautiful photo prints have been made. Mike Parrillo has donated his own personal print as the grand prize in our register and win contest. One lucky serial number/proof of purchase drawn at random from registrants wins it.

Lib Tech Attack Bananas are available in limited quantities at your local shop right now!

Looks and sounds like an awesome board!!!

Exactly the type of board I’m looking for, except, can’t really consider it as I put all my eggs in the one basket when I bought EST bindings…

Sounds to me much like C2 which has rocker in the middle and camber “at the end of the board” but on drawings, it seems that is under foot…, but the EC2, with each camber area… not underfoot, but just outside of the foot. Much like the Burton flying V. rocker between, camber under and rocker at the tips.
but Lib has Magne traction… which I believe I read that they mellowed out the depth of the waves, compared to what it used to be? interesting.

Lib, being the forerunner of reverse camber technologies…
they have:
the banana
the magic banana
attack banana banana (EC2)
C2 power banana

I read somewhere they had 8 or 6 different ones, that they al use, but dont advertise them all.
it is part of the marketing plan, to not confuse the consumer.
Crazy!
but I say keep the experiMENTAL craziness going on, it helps advancement of the sport.
Even skis are catching on!

Something else they can thank snowboarding for… parabolic shape, parks, twin tips, wide powder skis.
To say we havent influenced, and even helped resurrect skiing is a lie.

too bad skis had rocker before snowboards.

also, if you want to list all the lib rocker types, how about Burton?
v-rocker
s-rocker
flying v
p-rocker

but actually I think Never Summer were the first to use rocker

That board looks rad!

Did skis really rocker before boards?

I know there was a company called INCA, from California. I almost got a demo board from them many years ago. They diddnt use rocker, but they did use an alternate camber… they had camber under each foot, and I think flat between the feet and at the tips.
The idea is that a ski has camber under foot, and so should a board… or atleast something like that. I was interested in trying it out.
I talked to a girl from the Burton message boards that rode one, and tried to sork with the company… she encouraged me to stay away. The guys running the company…. well, anyway.

Funny thing is that they had a patent on it, and I wonder what that patent means now with all the companies coming out with it…

Never summer… I dont think they were first, but they were first to get the patent passed.. yes, before Libtech.
I posted that article somewhere on here…

It can really get confusing all the different names and styles of alternate camber… Truth is, that it is adding some nice fresh air to our sport, and skiing too! Keeping consumers buying product, and skiers and riders visiting the mountains, because they NEED to try out this new thing… Keeping things fresh is good. Skiing needs boarding and boarding needs skiing… more of both is a good thing. Keep the industry fueled and making profits… so that companies have hte time, money and energy to keep advancing like this.
It is a commonly talked about thing in the resort industry… keeping people coming to the mountains, buying lift tickets, staying at the resorts, and buying new gear… it is needed to keep the companies and resorts alive and well.
I’m thankful for skiing, but I like to pick on what it was before snowboarding came around… and how we were laughed at and rejected.
I find it sad that there are still a couple resorts, 3 I think in the US that doesnt allow boarding. They have every right to make that decision… but I think it is sad that they have chosen so.