The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2014 Burton SLX initial impression and problem

Oh I didn’t know that. What do you mean by punched out? I feel like this is not the liner but the shell of the boots.

There is a device that any good store should have, that goes into the boot and stretches the boot (liner and/or shell) to create more room around the toebox. To be honest, it’s more likely a shop that sells ski boots will be able to help you (although a good snowboard shop should be able to).

Just got the liner heat molded, feels soooo much better now. Toes no longer jamming against the front of the boot just slightly touching. I can put my Remind insoles too now, so that’s even better.

Great news. thumbsup

Told you. wink

Hahah yep. We’ll see how it feels when actually riding probably this sunday or next monday.

skip11 - 16 April 2014 02:24 AM

Hahah yep. We’ll see how it feels when actually riding probably this sunday or next monday.

So have you solved your problem in the end? As it seems I have exactly the same issue with slx.

@skip11, see message above.

Welcome to Boardworld, @sergey! shaka

@sergey  : The boots felt much better. So you can say I fixed the problem. However, I still prefer the old liner. I feel my 2012 Driver X fit a lil better