The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Wax and iron

Hi,
I need a new waxing iron (misplaced my old one -.-) and cheap wax for summer storing.
I’ve looked all over ebay and a snowboard shop, they don’t seem to stock
and waxing irons. Does anyone know where to buy a waxing iron online?

Cheers.

Thanks!!! I refuse to use the house hold iron, don’t wanna get flogged by the GF when her shirt burns up with wax melting on it. It has ALOT of holes in the damn iron. I think i’m going to STM to pick on up for 40 buckeroos.

DON’T use a steam iron just without the steam. Why? Because they have holes in the base that’ll fill up with wax as you spread it.

If you can’t find a genuine waxing iron, what you want is a compact travel iron. I have been waxing boards for over 15 years with one, and it’s still going strong. I’m aware that posting links to eBay etc. is frowned upon here, so I’ll just suggest to Google “SMALL KORJO TRAVEL IRON-110V TO 240V 260W+CASE” and see how you go.

Call any good snowboard store and tell them to order you a Burton or Swix waxing iron. Any good store with Burton or Swix accounts should be able to do this for you. PM me if you can’t find one and I will get it ordered for you. FYI I use the Burton iron and it works great!

You can get a household iron at your local op-shop for about $5
Perfect I reckon, just forget about using it for anything else.
That’s probably best for cheap I guess..

Of course you CAN use a steam iron just without the steam on - but with better/cheaper options available, why would you?

Either spend up big on a proper waxing iron, or get a cheap travel iron. One similarity you’ll notice is that in both cases, they’re relatively small. Do you really want to travel with a regular sized steam iron?

I just noticed this:

Cupid Stunt - 10 October 2010 07:00 AM

... I think i’m going to STM to pick on up for 40 buckeroos.

If you can buy a proper waxing iron for 40 bucks - do that!

Regarding the use of standard steam irons:

Of course you can use them, but remember that just because you CAN do something, doesn’t mean you SHOULD.

My cheap, portable travel iron’s still going strong as a waxer after 17 years! I had to replace the cord though - edge damage made it unsafe.

LOL. anyways, $15 for a cheap iron is fine. I got one for $10 so beat that!

meh, waxing is for suckers. I just throw away the board when the base gets dry and buy a new one!

^^^ yer Mizu only if ya got a grip on life in the first place…........ So you can chucky your board away properly like Gamblor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!