The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Looking for advice on a new board…

that’s quite the quiver Rider!

Thanks Gamblor, I guess that happens when you’re obsessed with snowboarding. I have more boards here in Australia too… big surprise

i just picked up a minty-looking 2000 burton fl project. should arrive at my house today so I can check whether it has any pop left. I saw it on the auctions at $50 and I just bid it up more out of curiousity than any need for it, and it stopped abruptly at 67.50. It had 3 hours left and I thought someone would grab it for sure but noone did. So now I have board #9…and I told myself last year (when I had 7) that I needed to cut back to a 2 board quiver/ 3 including noboard

rider26 - 21 October 2010 04:38 AM

Thanks Gamblor, I guess that happens when you’re obsessed with snowboarding. I have more boards here in Australia too… big surprise

too true!  When I left California(in prep for my move to OZ) I had 9 boards, I still have a couple the states, but here my number is much smaller 4 grin

Yeah nice quiver Jeremy!!

9 boards guys, that’s awesome!! Do you honestly use them all though? Puts me to shame with only having 1 hahaha!

Hey guys, I just posted my story with pics on the M6 Transition Kit, and the new bolts that are used with The Channel by Burton…

Find it here:
https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/1336/

I will try and answer any questions about it there.

I got my board today!!! A Custom FV smile

Cant wait to try it out!

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Oh and the shop gave me the M6 kit for free with the board. The channel seems to work real well and is easy to set up and adjust. Only downside is the shredbed on my bindings, last years Missions, are pretty no frills compared to most and make it harder to line up the bindings. Anyone know if you can buy different ones for last years Missions.

yeah you can buy different beds for all est bindings. I found the shred beds made my feet super tired if I rode hardpack all day.

Dan83 - 09 November 2010 04:53 AM

I got my board today!!! A Custom FV smile

Cant wait to try it out!

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Dan that is the board I am on this season as well.
Burton Custom flying V 156

and a cool thing is that a good riding friend of mine got the custom with the traditional camber shape… so it will be really nice to compare them side by side.
Our boards look almost identical, there is a slight color difference, but it is still blue for the most part.
We rode at snowflex, but not on snow yet.

I am liking my board, I have only had it on snowflex, so I will rite up a report on it once I get it on real snow.

It should be an awesome ride. So stoked with it.

Yeah I’m keen to hear your thoughts on the Custom FV vs the regular Custom. Will make for interesting results.

I’m already thinking of different set ups I wanna mess around with. Like trying a centred stance (I think the reference is a 10mm aka .4inch set back).

Hey Jeremy,
My Large Missions are a bit big for my 10.5 Ion boots (9.5 footprint). I was considering getting a different set of M bindings. Prob Cartels or something. The thing is, Burton reckon the 160 Custom FV should have a L binding. The one size smaller board can use M or L bindings. Do you reckon M would still fit fine or do you strictly need to stick with what Burton say?
Cheers man!

Super stoked - was able to swap my Missions for the new Cartels, and just pay the difference smile Cartels seem way better.

Got the Mediums. The dude at the shop said they will fit my board fine and that the Burton specs are just guides. Never thought I’d be rockin M bindings!

Dan is currently setting up his bindings.. they’re very black raspberry

Dan83 - 15 November 2010 10:02 PM

Hey Jeremy,
My Large Missions are a bit big for my 10.5 Ion boots (9.5 footprint). I was considering getting a different set of M bindings. Prob Cartels or something. The thing is, Burton reckon the 160 Custom FV should have a L binding. The one size smaller board can use M or L bindings. Do you reckon M would still fit fine or do you strictly need to stick with what Burton say?
Cheers man!

You can put medium bindings on the board, no worries. If your boot fits comfortably into a medium binding, then get the medium. The smaller the binding, the better the fit between your boot and binding; more snug and less movement.