The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

Thats epic NBG!! I was thinking id love something like this for my retirement plan!! Haha!!

You got stuck into it early by the looks of it! Good job!!!

air180 - 20 June 2015 10:22 PM
Mudhoney - 20 June 2015 08:56 PM

those look a bit Louis Vuitton!

Funny you should say that, according to the product description the style is supposed to be reminiscent of a hand bag. Clearly they have achieved the desired effect!

Blizz, I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds laces a pain (literally!)

air180 - 20 June 2015 10:22 PM
Mudhoney - 20 June 2015 08:56 PM

those look a bit Louis Vuitton!

Funny you should say that, according to the product description the style is supposed to be reminiscent of a hand bag. Clearly they have achieved the desired effect!

Blizz, I’m glad I’m not the only one who finds laces a pain (literally!)

It could be a girl thing.
My first pair of boots were a single boa.  Loved them and convinced the boys to buy twin boas (at that stage they only made twins for men…) but one of the boys got a dodgy pair that left him sleeping in tight boots one night as he couldn’t get it off!!  Went back to speed laces pronto.
I bought a pair of guys twin boas after those, but couldn’t get them tight enough in the right spots, lots of heel lift after they packed out a bit.
Next was my Nike Zoom Forces - back to laces inside and out - not fun.  But the boots were awesome…
Sigh…if only I could get everything I wanted in one boot.
Currently using hand me downs from my youngest son.  Some Burton Ion Asian Fit boots that he wore for two weeks before having another growth spurt.  They have speed laces and so far have been the best for me. 
Comfy, easy to tighten in all the right places, responsive….but every now and again I miss the Boas.

surferguy56 - 03 July 2015 11:50 AM

Thats epic NBG!! I was thinking id love something like this for my retirement plan!! Haha!!

You got stuck into it early by the looks of it! Good job!!!

It’s not too bad mate, tows pretty well, even on the windy narrow country roads between Pambula and Jindy it wasn’t a drama. About my only concern would be in high winds I reckon.

Have a look on gumtree , there’s heaps of them and holy shit you can spend some coin on Em if u want to!

NBG - 02 July 2015 09:18 PM

The latest upgrade, Fdome Chateau Titanium series!  This is our current snow accom, absolutely perfect and cozy for two especially on a powered site.  Can fit three if required but two is better and that’s us for 95% of the season.  The upgrade path will be complete by next season and we’ll sell this off before summer.

That’s rad!

yés Emotion board and Flux bindings—Can’t even deal with the progression since getting this setup!

Re : DJ gear - man I have little setup and love it! Wish I could afford CDJs and the full shabang!

Just scored this lovely new piece of rubber. RRP for $500.00, managed to get it half price!! Couldn’t pass up a bargain like that now could i!! So much stoke!  shaka

Where did you get it at that rice?!

K2_TeacherBoy - 11 July 2015 03:44 PM

Where did you get it at that rice?!

Surf Stitch.. They did a sneaky wettie sale on new stock. Grabbed myself a bargain wink

Had to replace my misplaced Daybreak sunnies, so got these bad boys. Spy Haight with the polorised Happy Lens. Through my work we get 25% off sunnies at a store here in Whis so i couldnt really refuse.

NBG - 02 July 2015 09:18 PM

The latest upgrade, Fdome Chateau Titanium series!  This is our current snow accom, absolutely perfect and cozy for two especially on a powered site.  Can fit three if required but two is better and that’s us for 95% of the season.  The upgrade path will be complete by next season and we’ll sell this off before summer.

You seem to impress me more and more every season

So summer is pretty sorted now.  Originally we wanted to sell the van first and then buy a boat but we ended up seeing this which was too good a deal to refuse.

Now the van is on the market, hopefully we’ll offload it before Xmas, we’ll both be a bit sad to see it go but that’s tempered with the fun of the boat!

That would get along nicely with the 90 Merc.

We are saving our pennies for a new (another) boat.

Looking at 5.2 mtr tinny with a 60 four stroke Merc tiller steer…......... officially for work wink

Yeah Azz it does mate, somewhere between 60-70kmh I reckon although trundling along about 40 is more economical and comfortable!  It’s very fishing centric at the moment and there’s a fair bit of stuff which is surplus to our very meagre fishing ambitions that we might pull off like the live bait tank pump.  We want to add a T Top and a couple of seats, looking into the best way to fix everything down as robustly as possible!

I know a couple of Marine Trimmers in your parts, let us know when its Tee Top time and I’ll hook you up.

Or you can come for a holiday on the Gippsland Lakes and we can hook you up shaka

Picked up this bad boy a few days after getting my 20/20. It’s been a good week!