The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

oh what a bargain, grunge where did you purchase those nike pants from? smile

^ was just looking around on ebay.

No other bids, I guess I was damn lucky….

Just picked up these Dragon APX and a Forum Youngblood DD. Pretty stoked it being the first board iv’e owned.
Just gotta wait for the new store to go up so i can pick up some Union Contacts…. And some pants, a jacket, boots and a helmet.

Falls Creek/Mt. Hotham Alpine pass!!! Stoked!!
Now just waitin for BW to get site up so I can blow, some dough!!

I’ve been collecting over summer… That’s not even all of it LOL just the major items.

In reverse chronological order…

Mons Royale Onsie/Monsie - Won this a few days ago, so stoked! Super comfy and insanely warm, will be an awesome base layer on wicked cold days or around the house.

Lightly used 2013 Burton Genesis bindings + Brand new Electric EG2 goggles. Great deal on these, and the Electrics fit with my helmet perfectly, had some VZ Feenoms which weren’t quite right I’m now selling.

Animal Armin Ski Jacket - 2012 old stock clearance. 10k/10k with all the features you need.

Bern Watts Audio Helmet + a tonne of snowboarding socks, waxes, Remind insoles.

Brand new 2012 Burton Rulers

2014 K2 Happy Hour 159 + Burton Restricted Cartels - Clearance.

2014 Ride Highlife lightly used, my first purchase at the end of last season. Snatched it up knowing I wanted a charging/powder board for this season.

Just added up what I paid for all of the above, $1769. Pretty bloody happy with that actually, would be easily double if it was all purchased at retail price.

Bring on the season! 34 days until I’m on first chair shaka

I have discovered a new, more expensive hobby;

2012 Giant Glory with 13/14 parts on her.

I call her Glennis.

^ LOL!! WELCOME TO WHISTLER IN THE SUMMERTIMES.

Crankworx crankworx crankworx…. =P

I refuse to look at mountain bikes, between surfing, snowboarding and feeding those addictions I do not need another expensive hobby!

Says the newly engaged man!

deanobruce - 11 May 2015 01:35 AM

I call her Glennis.

I miss downhilling and mtb in general. It’s just so bloody expensive with bikes n servicing. And then add on lift access if ur resort riding.

I was looking at getting a new DS MTB a little while back, and then realised it’s been probably 4 months since I rode my bike, so couldn’t really justify it.

And that’s with trails 500m from my front door.  oh oh

deanobruce - 11 May 2015 01:35 AM

I call her Glennis.

Marriage is not a hobby ha ha ha!

NBG - 11 May 2015 09:08 PM

Marriage is not a hobby ha ha ha!

Exactly!

I just meant its a bit of a change from the Mike of old!

Yeah some things have changed, all for the better IMO. I’ve been drunk twice this year and apart from that been lucky to have more than two drinks at a time maybe per month. Saves money not drinking for more important stuff like engagement rings,  US snow trips and other stuff that’s slowly taking shape.