The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Greatest Movies

Avatar has to be up there too… don’t know how I forgot that one.

cords - 17 October 2010 01:50 AM

Men Who Stare at Goats

That film is brilliant, laughed so much during that. One twisted piece of work there.

spaz - 16 October 2010 04:54 AM

And Apocalypse Now, I had no idea what it was about but it was being shown in it’s 70mm format in Sydney when I was 19, I was bored so I bought a ticket and OMFG!

Yep, an all time favourite of mine, one of the greatest war films ever made.

Stepbrothers belongs in the other movie thread-hated.

The Hangover.

Avatar was amazing…. on the big screen, in 3D. Another all time cinema experience.
On the small screen, in 2D - very average. Very, very average. I predict in years to come we’ll all wonder what the fuss was.

No. Baldes of Glory was funny as, Stepbrothers was mildly amusing but mostly stupid and irritating. Maybe I should watch it again.

yeah its probably worth another shot. I thought semipro was super average the first time I watched it and now I quite like it. Blades of Glory and Talladega Nights are also awesome.

I’m getting a bit sick of Will Ferrel.. first few movies he did were alright but it’s just the same old stuff being regurgitated now. Some of his best stuff was back when he was on SNL doing the celebrity jeopardy skits

Grandma’s Boy was pretty good, bit of a stoner movie but great for a laugh.

Top Gun is a classic.. lost count of how many times I’ve seen it. Article in the news last friday talks about a sequel - http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/15/3039674.htm?section=entertainment
Not too keen on the idea to be honest as it’s obviously just a money grab… I blame scientology raspberry

The Matrix, Starship Troopers, and Conan The Barbarian have always been my top 3

law abiding citizen

Mizu Kuma - 17 October 2010 11:37 PM

Dumb and Dumber

haha, funny movie!

Jay and Silent Bob - Strike Back

fatima4u - 15 October 2010 07:55 AM

back to the future 1, 2 and 3

5 years from 2015, GIVE ME MY HOVERBOARD DAMNIT!!!!!

Cupid Stunt - 18 October 2010 08:26 AM
fatima4u - 15 October 2010 07:55 AM

back to the future 1, 2 and 3

5 years from 2015, GIVE ME MY HOVERBOARD DAMNIT!!!!!

they will come the doc proved it

Taken, is a good one action packed

The Big Lebowski
You Kill Me
Whatever Works
I Love You Too
Green Street Hooligans
This Is England
Rise Of A Foot Soilder
American History X
Shawshank Redemption

Has anyone seen City of God? If not, you should. It’s brilliant!

Add Masters of the Universe to my list.  raspberry