The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

YESSS!!!!!

Except for the fact that I repaired my boards with drip ptex.

HURR HURRR.

Tambo - 04 March 2015 12:22 PM
blizzard_22 - 02 March 2015 11:38 AM

Booked a small group tour and wine tasting at the Lourve! At least we will get to see the Mona Lisa without a massive crowd, it’s a 15 people max tour!

ah that’s fabulous! Always a treasure when you get to visit places that are usually crowded in an intimate group. The Mona Lisa is pretty much the only thing I can remember from the Louvre without looking at photos, I can remember the Musee d"Orsay much more clearly, and the pompidou centre, and Picasso gallery. Weird. Take lots of photos. practise your low light photography for all those galleries.
What a great holiday you are going to have! Jealous! smile

I also remembered the Venus Di Milo lol

TJswish - 04 March 2015 02:19 PM

Booked a small group tour and wine tasting at the Lourve! At least we will get to see the Mona Lisa without a massive crowd, it’s a 15 people max tour!

ah that’s fabulous! Always a treasure when you get to visit places that are usually crowded in an intimate group. The Mona Lisa is pretty much the only thing I can remember from the Louvre without looking at photos, I can remember the Musee d"Orsay much more clearly, and the pompidou centre, and Picasso gallery. Weird. Take lots of photos. practise your low light photography for all those galleries.

the Venus do Milo always just reminds me of that Simpson’s episode with the gummy Venus de Milo.

But yeh, Musee d’orsay is awesome as well. The building is really cool and there’s heaps of awesome paintings. Actually, that pretty much goes for all the museums in Paris!

air180 - 04 March 2015 09:24 PM

the Venus do Milo always just reminds me of that Simpson’s episode with the gummy Venus de Milo.

But yeh, Musee d’orsay is awesome as well. The building is really cool and there’s heaps of awesome paintings. Actually, that pretty much goes for all the museums in Paris!

Aw man this trip can’t come fast enough! 40 days to go now!

Booked ourselves in to go to The Making of Harry Potter while we are in London!

blizzard_22 - 05 March 2015 08:23 AM
air180 - 04 March 2015 09:24 PM

Aw man this trip can’t come fast enough! 40 days to go now!

Booked ourselves in to go to The Making of Harry Potter while we are in London!

Aw that’s so sick!! I didn’t even know you could do that! Wifey and I were there in January and the crowd was about 20 people deep to see the Mona Lisa. We got up close though. If you have had that experience I think you will appreciate the small tour group even more.

I’m not really an art person so perhaps the Mona Lisa experience was wasted on me but “The Raft Of The Medusa” is a damn impressive painting and has an interesting story behind it too. We also did a Dali exhibition (big fan) in Prague for bugger all and it was awesome. Almost every major city in the world has a Dali exhibition, that guy must have done nothing but paint and draw. The only drawback is that his most famous works are scattered all over the world.

rider26 - 03 March 2015 09:37 AM
Mudhoney - 02 March 2015 08:35 PM

Holy shit, is that a Standard?  Will love to hear how you go on that.

Yes, it sure is. Purchased through Boardworld on pre-order. He’ll be one of the first people in the world to own one! grin

Let me know if I can help you with anything, mate.

Thanks very much for sorting that out for me Jez!! Exactly what I wanted and 100% hassle free shaka

got myself one of those gopro things all the kids rave about. Waterproof apparently so im going to take it in the shower with me, anyone want a copy?

Sure. Hook us up.

thumbsup  thumbsup

so that’s the board, which binding colour suits better?

or

Go Green. It’s better for the environement… or something like that.

No way! The grey/black would go heaps better!

Im with Air, would match the board much better.

Plus I have the ones with primary green… cant have you cramping my style by copying me ;P

Haha I just hate plain everything. A pop of colour would be my way to do with that setup.