The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What’s your latest purchase?

Thanks for your help everyone, you have helped me make up my mind smile

I doubt I’d bother with the speedlite, For the style of photo I like I hardly ever use it. Glad we convinced you, Jenna! So wish I’d taken mine everywhere I went. Now, i usually sit in the car with it on my lap, ready to go. smile

Hey everyone, So i’m looking at getting my first board with hopefully getting a lifty job this season.
I’ve already spoken to TJ and have been given some info from him but when you are just starting out you can never have too much info.
So i’m 155cm and weigh around 65kg, i’m at an intermediate level so i’m looking for an all round board as I don’t really know what I prefer. 

Anyway any help would be amazing.

P.S hope this is the right spot to post in for this question.

Hey Leasha! smile

I’m similar stats to you. Just a bit taller (165cms - between 66-68kgs)

I currently ride a 145cm gnu b street.
Its a twin tip hybrid camber board with mid to soft flex.
(its a cam/rocker/cam - looks almost flat with more of a kick up at the ends)
I got this board as an all mountain board that’s aimed slightly at jibbing and flat land tricks (being twin tip and softer flex). Also why I went the 145 - easier to throw around and manoeuvre.  speak to Jeremy and let him know what type of riding your most likely to do.. As you can get an all mountain board but one that’s aimed more for either groomers. Park/jumps or off piste etc.  Mine handles anything and everything so far.. Even hit a few 20-25ft jumps on it.. Which I though it might be a bit unstable for.. Being shorter and softer.. But it was fine!

Hope this helps a bit! - good luck with the job application btw!

Thanks Holly for the info, I just made a new topic thinking no one might see it here, turns out I was wrong.

A board like yours sounds like what i’m looking for, something I can explore with and can handle most styles. I have messaged Jeremy and he said he is going to help me out.

Thanks I really hope I get something, i’ve applied for 5 different ski fields all for a lifty job so lets hope I pick something up.

h0z - 15 January 2015 02:27 PM

Even hit a few 20-25ft jumps on it.. Which I though it might be a bit unstable for.. Being shorter and softer.. But it was fine!

Haha, I went off 30-40ft jumps back in the day on my Forum Scallywag. That’s the softest board I’ve ever ridden.

Can’t do them anymore and totally not recommended though hahaha.

Clans longboard. Age disgracefully.

That’s a sick board mate!

1 Day Brian head Lift Ticket
2 Day Brighton Lift Ticket
1 Day Park City Lift Ticket
2 Day Powder Mountain Lift Ticket (Snow cat tour to be added if it snows!!!!)
1 Day Heavenly Lift Ticket
2 Day Sierra Lift Ticket
1 Day Northstar Lift Ticket
1 Day Mammoth Lift Ticket
1 Day Big Bear Lift Ticket

FARRRRKK YEAHH!

rocker

shaka  rocker

New Motorbike Gloves smile

Also got a bluetooth headset but work pays for that raspberry

^ What was the bt headset? I was looking at getting a Sena 20s for riding….

NBG - 11 February 2015 10:36 AM

1 Day Brian head Lift Ticket
2 Day Brighton Lift Ticket
1 Day Park City Lift Ticket
2 Day Powder Mountain Lift Ticket (Snow cat tour to be added if it snows!!!!)
1 Day Heavenly Lift Ticket
2 Day Sierra Lift Ticket
1 Day Northstar Lift Ticket
1 Day Mammoth Lift Ticket
1 Day Big Bear Lift Ticket

FARRRRKK YEAHH!

Hope you get some snow before you trip!

grunge - 12 February 2015 09:13 AM

^ What was the bt headset? I was looking at getting a Sena 20s for riding….

Cardo Q1. About $200.

Seems to work good from initial tests and looks really easy to use. Will update once I get a bit on on road use smile